Installing the SD Card

kenny1244

Reaction score
what is the correct way to install the Micro SD Card? i tried to do it yesterday and it didn't read it correctly and ran my battery completely dead.

THE WITCH

Reaction score
kenny,

I just figured this out last night. I took the cover off the HTC and on the side, it shows the tiny SD slot. You push the card in, but to remove the card, then you push it again and it pops out just enough to grab it with your nail and pull it out. Make sure that it is in all the way.

Oh my, at first I "almost" stuck in the black speaker hole. Oh, newbie me. I believe the card is to store photos and videos. If your card is empty, then it might be working and you just don't know it. I used the adapter and plugged it into my PC and downloaded some nice wallpaper from this site onto my PC, then transferred them to the SD card, then put the SD card into the HTC.

I hope this helps, this is all new to many of us here. :)

OP
K

kenny1244

Reaction score
kenny,

I just figured this out last night. I took the cover off the HTC and on the side, it shows the tiny SD slot. You push the card in, but to remove the card, then you push it again and it pops out just enough to grab it with your nail and pull it out. Make sure that it is in all the way.

Oh my, at first I "almost" stuck in the black speaker hole. Oh, newbie me. I believe the card is to store photos and videos. If your card is empty, then it might be working and you just don't know it. I used the adapter and plugged it into my PC and downloaded some nice wallpaper from this site onto my PC, then transferred them to the SD card, then put the SD card into the HTC.

I hope this helps, this is all new to many of us here. :)
yeah I found the slot. The problem seemed to be that the htci didn't register the card format or something and kept trying to read it. Should I put it in and then do a soft reset or something?

THE WITCH

Reaction score
Kenny,

I forgot to mention that I went onto the Sandisk web site, because when I put the SD in the PC and I tried to download pics from my PC, it told me the Sandisk was write protected, the web site said that there is a switch on the side of the adapter, that you slide up and down. Slide it up and down several times, then place on the unlock position. That worked for me.

Good Luck.

Acid7711

Reaction score
I took my old droid one, backed everything off it, cleared it, put it in the phone, then used the phone's unmount then format utility, then placed my music and pictures back on.

No problems after that.

Paul_PSU

Reaction score
Also if you hook it up to your pc the Incredible by default is set to "charge only" so it won't recognize the Incredible or card. Once you set it to "disk drive" it will recognize both and also charge the unit.

Alucardsyco

Reaction score
Upon properly installing the memory card into my Incredible, I had to turn the phone off and back on to make it properly see and install the card.