incredible calendar erasing

theguy386

Reaction score
So its happened to me twice already. I'll add events to my calendar and by the next day those events have already disappeared and don't even appear once I log into my gmail account. Would anyone know as to why this is happening?

A few of the evebts are old (maybe 1 or 2 days), but other new ones also go missing

OP
T

theguy386

Reaction score
Yes, I have both setup to sync in settings. Checked my calendar settings as well and I have all 3 options checked to sync "my calendar, pc sync, & my gmail cal"

jcrocks

Reaction score
My Incredible calendar won't hold past events of more than 2-3 months

Yes, I have both setup to sync in settings. Checked my calendar settings as well and I have all 3 options checked to sync "my calendar, pc sync, & my gmail cal"

Guy386, you seem to be knowledgeable about this calendar business. I was told by an HTC T/Supp rep to uncheck MY CALENDAR and just leave my Gmail calendar checked. Correct? Furthermore, I seemed to have lost all the events prior to April 2010 when I initially transferred them over to the Incredible. Could not recover. Those past events are still in my Gmail PC calendar but would not synch with my Droid. Spoke to another HTC Rep and she said that because of limited storage, the Incredible can only hold on 2-3 months worth of events? Weird! True? Anything I can do about this please? I have events of more than 3 decades prior (that are important for my records) that I would like to have access. My lil old Palm Centro did that. Appreciate your help. Thanks.

jcrocks

Reaction score
you have sync on for calendars and gmail?

The same cry for help I posted to Guy386. You also seem to be knowledgeable about this calendar business. I was told by an HTC T/Supp rep to uncheck MY CALENDAR and just leave my Gmail calendar checked. Correct? Furthermore, I seemed to have lost all the events prior to April 2010 when I initially transferred them over to the Incredible. Could not recover. Those past events are still in my Gmail PC calendar but would not synch with my Droid. Spoke to another HTC Rep and she said that because of limited storage, the Incredible can only hold on 2-3 months worth of events? Weird! True? Anything I can do about this please? I have events of more than 3 decades prior (that are important for my records) that I would like to have access. My lil old Palm Centro did that. Appreciate your help. Thanks. If your Filipino, I am also - salamat po.

OP
T

theguy386

Reaction score
I am trying that now, ONLY leaving my gmail account calendar checked.

Noticed something today:
-Added events from earlier this week
-Synced Incredible (through settings)
-logged into gmail from PC and events are synced
**later in the day**
-events from earlier this week are no longer displayed on Incredible (WTF)

this is really starting to get annoying. My events are not even displaying in my gmail account

jcrocks

Reaction score
Guy386, this is another thing I got/did last night from Google Help:

App: Calendar Troubleshooting sync

On Android devices, the Calendar [COLOR=#810000! important][COLOR=#810000! important]application[/COLOR][/COLOR] is automatically synced with the Google Calendar [COLOR=#810000! important][COLOR=#810000! important]server[/COLOR][/COLOR], and vice versa. If you experience problems with syncing, try clearing your device's calendar [COLOR=#810000! important][COLOR=#810000! important]application [COLOR=#810000! important]data[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
and doing a fresh sync with the server.

Just follow these steps:

1. Press your device's < Home > button, then press < Menu >.
2. Select Settings and then
[COLOR=#810000! important][COLOR=#810000! important]Applications[/COLOR][/COLOR].
3. Select Manage applications.
4. Select Calendar Storage and then select Clear data. Answer OK when prompted.
5. Restart your device (Press and hold the < End call > button, then select Power off. Press < End call > to power on).

Your device will re-sync with the server after restarting (this may take several minutes).

TO NO AVAIL. I would have thought that The Inc would have cloud/server synch with my GMail calendar (which had all my events - thank God they did not disappear) but it still did not do it. Puzzling and disappointed!:mad:

OP
T

theguy386

Reaction score
Tries erasing calendar data and resync, bit still a no go. Yesterday added a test event for tomorrow and it synced fine... I check today and it is completely gone

Any ideas?

jcrocks

Reaction score
Hi The Guy 386,
Here may be a work around our problem with the “Calendar” fiasco.
¨ We all know that the stock Calendar that comes with the unit will only hold 2-3 months of current events that you log in. Anything older than that regardless whether they are in your Web Gmail calendar will NOT synch OTA with your Incredible.
¨ As I said before in my previous posts, that is unacceptable in my personal and business life. By the way, I offer these suggestions with the best of intentions. Should anyone try it and find a better way, please share them in the Forum. If you do not agree with my suggestions, I trust that you will just keep it to yourself.
¨ So with the assistance of my neighborhood VZW Tech rep (bless her soul), she suggested the following:

1. I am making an assumption that your Web Gmail calendar is intact, complete and up-to-date. Personally, I only work with one calendar. I realize that some of you have a variety for different purposes. The following should still work with some tweaking.
2. So I use the Web (Internet) in the Incredible and access my Gmail account with the Calendar (goes without saying).
3. Once in, I opened the GCalendar in the Incredible and created a SHORTCUT by clicking on Menu/Bookmark. This bookmarks the GCalendar site.
4. Once you have bookmarked the GCalendar, swipe to the wallpaper where you want place this bookmark. Tap the “+” icon on the bottom right corner of the wallpaper.
5. You will then be presented with the “Add to Home” page where you will tap “Shortcut”. Once you do this, you will get the “Add shortcut” page. Tap “Bookmark” and you will be presented with all the new as well as “stock” bookmarks that came with the unit. Locate the “GCalendar” bookmark you just created, tap and hold for a second or two. The “GCalendar” bookmark will then be added on that wallpaper you are on. Depending on your preference, my suggestion is to dedicate that wallpaper only for your calendar/s. Only a suggestion.
6. Once you tap that new “GCalendar” icon, your intact, COMPLETE and up-to-date calendar will present itself. Once you edit (add, change or delete entries) either your PC Web GCalendar or your Incredible GCalendar, the changes should momentarily (not instantaneously) synch to both copies.

I hope this helps. Any further tweaks or if you know of something better THAT WORK will be appreciated. Please let me know ONLY if this works for you.

Good luck!

jcrocks

Reaction score
Further to my suggestion above, I found a minor inconvenience.

If you create an event/s using your PC Web GCalendar and SAVE it/them, it will also OTA update your Incredible GCalendar. One caveat - the date in your INC will not have the usual highlight - as you probably have seen in some of your dates with events. The event/s will still be in your INC. The highlighting of the date is only thing missing.

Going back the other way, if you create the above using your Incredible, it will sync with your PC Web GCalendar as well as HIGHLIGHT the date in your Incredible GCalendar.

FYI.

Stoneman10

Reaction score
Has any one had the problem with the HTC Calendar changing the dates. For example, I input Estimated Tax dates from June 15, 2010 thorough Jan. 18, 2011. It changed the dates by adding a day to the Sept. and the Jan. due dates. It has done this several times. Any fix or am I doing something wrong.

jcrocks

Reaction score
Stoneman10, you may gleen something useful at the bottom of Pg 1 of this thread. I personally do not use the HTC Calendar as you will read. Hope it helps.

Stoneman10

Reaction score
The problem is not related to "syncing", it's about the HTC calendar changing the date in phone making the program unreliable.

jcrocks

Reaction score
Sorry but I do not use the HTC Calendar for the reasons I stated in my post. I realize that your situation has nothing to do with synching. Just thought I can share some of my experiences regarding calendars. Good luck.

TJC

Reaction score
Outlook Calendar erasing

I use Outlook 2003 and I have been experiencing similar problems in that when syncing my Droid Incredible Outlook calendar entries seem to randomly disappear. As a result I no longer have them in my Outlook calendar and they don't appear on my phone calendar.
Does anyone have a solution to this. I know the discussion has been focused on the Google calendar but i would rather stay with my current setup since my company all use Outlook.
Thanks, TC