Incredible 2 HTC People App Decided to... dissapear?

Nikkistixx95

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and am in need of some major help.

This morning, when I went to click on my "People" app I had installed onto my home screen of my Incredible 2, displayed a message in a gray box saying something like "This application cannot be opened because it's been deleted". When I looked into my app drawer, it was missing also... and I know for a fact that I never deleted this application due to it being MY CONTACTS.

So my newly found DroidForum brothers & sisters, do any of you have any clue how to restore this app and get it back on my phone? (Looked in Android Market, and saw no app of it to be download.)

NTRS

Reaction score
Try shutting down and turning on. Or do a factory reset

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

420fan

Reaction score

This morning, when I went to click on my "People" app I had installed onto my home screen of my Incredible 2, displayed a message in a gray box saying something like "This application cannot be opened because it's been deleted". When I looked into my app drawer, it was missing also... and I know for a fact that I never deleted this application due to it being MY CONTACTS.

So my newly found DroidForum brothers & sisters, do any of you have any clue how to restore this app and get it back on my phone? (Looked in Android Market, and saw no app of it to be download.)

Its a known issue with the GB update. My clock did the same thing. Doing a facotry reset will infact get the application back, but it will go away again. Have to wait for a update patch from VZW/HTC. I did a factory reset and clock came back, only to disappear again.

kingsway8605

Reaction score
If you are rooted, download titanium backup from market. Find the missing app in titanium backup, click it, and click unfreeze. This should fix your issue.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

nikecar

Reaction score

I had a similar issue when I was moving apps to SD card and I deleted one. I started getting a gapps error, my contacts got wiped (htccontacts error) and I couldn't dial out. To top it off, even backup assistant shows I had not contacts. I never use gmail to sync my apps.

Did soft.reset and nothing. Had to take it to a VZW stow and they did a hard reset. Had to reinstall my apps but my contacts were back, plus all my pic and music on the SD card were fine.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

OP
N

Nikkistixx95

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your help! I took what you all said, and called HTC to see what they thought.. same thing as what you guys gave me! Had to reset the phone, which was a bummer because I had a lot of info on there, so it's all back and dandy.

Thanks!