Importing

brassmonkey98

Reaction score
I will start off by saying that I am new to droid forums. I have a question about contact imports. I have a list of business contacts that I want to load onto my new phone. I have them in an excel file. How do I get them into my phone?

If I can get them in my phone will they mix in with my family / friends contacts? I want them to be work contacts only in a work group.

OP
B

brassmonkey98

Reaction score
Is there no one with importing conatct tips or help? Ill take any info you may have.

Thanks

pepsi3573

Reaction score
I'll be honest, I've never tried importing from excel, but if you sync with your google account you can use the groups tab in the contacts to access the groups separately. Just a thought.

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

Big Cam

Reaction score
Is there no one with importing conatct tips or help? Ill take any info you may have.

Thanks

No one said anything because you can't import an excel spreadsheet of contacts into your phone, period.

With Android phones when you add a contact it syncs with your gmail account so once they are all entered, they will always be in your google account.

So I'd take the time to manually enter them all in gmail, so you can use your computer and it should take significantly less time, you could even use copy and paste out of excel, but you'll still have to do it manually for each one.

pepsi3573

Reaction score
Thanks Cam! I wasn't sure if gmail have an import that is compatible with excel.

Brass, also, if you had these contacts in your old phone & were using back up assistant, then they should be there or depending on your display settings, you may have them show twice.

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

OP
B

brassmonkey98

Reaction score
I have figured out how to turn the excel file to a csv file for importing to google. I had one more question. If I place the business name first in excel and import it to google so it can load on my phone will that be the way it shows in my contact list ? I want my work contacts to list business name first in contacts if possible.

Thanks