I'm tired of my Droid X restarting randomly.

TheFLaSH

Reaction score
After a factory reset I still get random restarts.
I had the DX just shut down the other day and it took
awhile to get it to turn back on.
No task killers, nothing that should be running in the background.
Verizon told me to wait for the 2.2 upgrade.
To me this means if it does not fix it then I have missed my chance to
get a new replacement.

:icon_evil:

mndwalsh

Reaction score
had leaked 2.2, starting getting the random reboots, did a reset and kept 2.2 same issues. Put 2.1 update 1 back on with very few apps, still rebooting. I will wait until 2.2 to be official and if it still happens I will call for a replacement.

TheFLaSH

Reaction score
Went to Verizon and was told to wait for 2.2, got home and it rebooted again. Called support and the apps I have added were blamed for the problem. While I was doing a reset the Support Tech did a Google search and saw how many posts are out about this issue. I agreed to run stock to see what happens.
I read a post that the restarting may be one reason for the 2.2 delay.
Droid X’s Are having Rebooting Issues??? | Androidheadlines.com
Verizon said not to worry I have a year warranty. That is all and fine but while they have me wait for 2.2 I have lost my chance for a new replacement.

I have formatted my SD card and 3 hard resets to make sure nothing could be left causing a problem.

countryboy498

Reaction score
I would not bank on the 2.2 update being a Droid X Saviour. If its randomly rebooting you need to exchange it. My first DX was doing that as well and Verizon told me to do a factory reset. Once I did that my phone got stuck on the activation screen. Well, they had no choice but send me a new one... Oh yeah, and they are all on back order. Point is, I wouldn't wait.... I got a new DX and so far its so, so. Its a very quirky phone compared to my old original Droid. So much so I have talked 2 friends out of getting the DX and they went with the Droid 2 and are happy.

I know many people who got the 2.2 OTA on the original Droid and it came with loads of issues. So my point is.... Everyone expects the 2.2 update to be great and fix all this stuff.... I am very skeptical. Plus when are we going to get it. The DX is supposed to be a "latest greatest" Droid phone and its well behind the curve on updates.

Just my little rant. Overall I am happy and could not live without my Droid!

Reaction score
I have only talked people into getting this phone because of no problems. This is the best phone a person could buy .. period. I have had no issues at all. Everyone once in awhile a person will get a flawed device but that happens with anything in the world that is produced by man and or machine.

pob

Reaction score
I found a tutorial for a "true" Froyo factory reset somewhere through google, followed it, and the restart issue is gone. Unfortunately I'm having call audio issues, but those may be app-related.

BLAZE86DUBZ

Reaction score
mine will reset if i am chatting on yahoo alot im going to uninstall and reinstall see what happens

J

Johnly

I have had smart phones for EVER. We can all expect a random restart every now and then (as in a blue moon.) that happens with software integration. Should it happen often? Never. Factory reset. If your phone resets itself, don't flip, that can be normal. If it is often....reset, and install apps slowly to find the culprit. I find apps needing to many permissions for what they actually need to run problematic.