I'm getting really frustrated

Reaction score
I got my t bolt on the first day(17th) available of course cause I was on the wagon from the start, I unplugged at 730 this morning and it died at 5 o'clock pm, here's what I have done: (btw I am not rooted and have the stock battery in)
I have background data and auto sync turned off, brightness was at nothing the entire day, I have a startup cleaner and the task killer that kills all apps besides handset and the stock music app every time the screen is set off which is every 30 seconds, I have switched to launcher pro, I have absolutely no data widgets on any of my homescreens and have every app that uses data set to sync manually

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
XKXDISTURBEDXKX
Reaction score
I also forgot to mention a couple other things, I had data turned off the entire day, I texted very minimally and talked for an hour on the phone, I also listened to music for about id say a combination of 5 hours all together but it was not streamed music, it is music in my library I have downloaded, I'm frustrated because it seems all of you can get a day out of yours while ACTUALLY ENJOYING THE PHONE whereas I can't even get mine to go 10 hours of basically being an ipod, please help me or suggest what apps or settings I should apply, I very much envy everyone who has screenshots of more than one day bAttery usage and still have juice....

AlienGorilla

Reaction score
Try going without the Task Killer for a day and see if it improves your battery life. Don't really see why you would need it anyway. There's plenty of Ram and 99% of apps that run in the background use an insignificant amount of battery.

XanRules

Reaction score
Yep. Task killers are just battery killers on anything after FroYo.

Sent from my Droid2 using my thumbs

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
First off, task killers will use more juice in the long run. Your battery life for a stock non-rooted Thunderbolt actually is really good. Before I rooted I got anywhere from 6-11 hours when I used my phone.

Rooted = different story. Basically the longevity of the phone while the screen is off is almost infinite vs stock.

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Carry a spare battery. I never have to worry.

Sent from mah TBolt using teh Tapatalk.

OP
XKXDISTURBEDXKX
Reaction score
Try going without the Task Killer for a day and see if it improves your battery life. Don't really see why you would need it anyway. There's plenty of Ram and 99% of apps that run in the background use an insignificant amount of battery.

I just tried it today actually and saw an improvement, this was the first day I have used it

sent from the hands of Thor

OP
XKXDISTURBEDXKX
Reaction score
First off, task killers will use more juice in the long run. Your battery life for a stock non-rooted Thunderbolt actually is really good. Before I rooted I got anywhere from 6-11 hours when I used my phone.

Rooted = different story. Basically the longevity of the phone while the screen is off is almost infinite vs stock.

Yah I know except my buddy just got his and was getting tremendously better battery life than I was and he claimed the Yaa killer helped though I thought otherwise

OP
XKXDISTURBEDXKX
Reaction score
Funny you mention that, I have 2 stock 1400 mah batteries with me at all times, one in the phone and the other in my pocket...would be nice not have to utilize both every day..

iRenegade

Reaction score
I see you had data turned off, how about GPS if you were indoors most of the time? I just got 2 1700 batteries last night and I'm testing one out now. I'll be posting my results on the 1700 battery thread.

OP
XKXDISTURBEDXKX
Reaction score
I see you had data turned off, how about GPS if you were indoors most of the time? I just got 2 1700 batteries last night and I'm testing one out now. I'll be posting my results on the 1700 battery thread.

Yep, all three location settings are always off, I haven't had to use maps yet, what brand?

iRenegade

Reaction score
Scratching my head on the battery drain! The 1700 batteries are branded "HTC Merge" and the charger looks like a typical imported generic part. The USB/Micro cord seems to be better in quality than the charger.

OP
XKXDISTURBEDXKX
Reaction score
Scratching my head on the battery drain! The 1700 batteries are branded "HTC Merge" and the charger looks like a typical imported generic part. The USB/Micro cord seems to be better in quality than the charger.

I have however been listening to a lot of music like I said but its not streamed so I don't exactly know that would kill the battery like mine has been dying, ahhh the merge batteries huh? Where'd you get those? And how much were they? Is put in some extra cash for 300 more mah

iRenegade

Reaction score
Check out the thunderbolt accessory forum, and you'll see the 1700 battery thread with a link to the ebay listing. There's a bunch of listings and you might catch a good price. Lots old TB owners driving up the bids! I paid about $40for 2 batteries and the charger which also can charge via usb cord simultaneously.