If you get stuck with the M, go to Verizon Store

Reaction score
Last night when I got the 2.2 update on my X, I got stuck with the M during reboot. I took the battery out for a while as I cleared my SD Card of the previous update.zip file, thinking that was the problem. Today durind the day I somehow got stuck with the M again without even rebooting the phone.

I just got off the phone with a tech at Verizon Wireless and he told me that this was an issue with this update and that I need to take the phone into a Verizon Wireless store so they can Flash 2.1 back to it (this version of 2.1 has "pieces" of 2.2 in it to prevent this issue) then pull the 2.2 back down. He said there is also a patch coming out in a week or two to fix this and other issues.

FSRBIKER

Reaction score
If you get Verizon to flash your phone back to 2.1 PLEASE do the Android community a big favor and do not try the 2.2 update again until you talk with Birdman or another Android developer. If true this flash from Verizon might hold key files the developers are looking for. PM me or a moderator and we can hook you up with the right people. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mtz_gto

Reaction score
If you get Verizon to flash your phone back to 2.1 PLEASE do the Android community a big favor and do not try the 2.2 update again until you talk with Birdman or another Android developer. If true this flash from Verizon might hold key files the developers are looking for. PM me or a moderator and we can hook you up with the right people. Thanks in advance!

Why does this post remind me of Lord of The Rings character Frodo Baggins on a Quest for the good of the world? lol

OP
wrightperspective
Reaction score
Well, that was a wasted trip. The guy at the Verizon store had no clue was the Tech was talking about. I even called another Verizon store and they said that there was no flash back to 2.1. So, now they are going to send me another X.

Problem is that I have read that many people are having this issue so I wonder if my new one is gonna have the same problem. Some people may not even know they have this issue until they have to reboot the phone and get stuck on M.

I was gonna use RSD Lite to flash back to 2.1 but I heard if you do that with the official version that it will brick the phone.

Wonder how long it will take them to come up with a fix for this.

stafford1787

Reaction score
I was gonna use RSD Lite to flash back to 2.1 but I heard if you do that with the official version that it will brick the phone.

Well, as soon as I seen the OTA 2.2 update was out I took my leaked version back down to the stock 2.1 with rsd lite. Then from this point soon as it loaded I checked for updates and it got the new 2.2 update and then I rooted it with the droid 2 method.

So if you think it will brick that's not true at least not in my case.

FSRBIKER

Reaction score

Well, as soon as I seen the OTA 2.2 update was out I took my leaked version back down to the stock 2.1 with rsd lite. Then from this point soon as it loaded I checked for updates and it got the new 2.2 update and then I rooted it with the droid 2 method.

So if you think it will brick that's not true at least not in my case.

Once you OTA you can not use the 2.1sbf or you will brick. So in the OP's case yes he will brick his phone.

There is a solution now for those who have not tried the 2.1 sbf after the OTA from Team Black Hat.

TBH announces Froyo System SBF and RSDLite 4.8

kennyc

Reaction score
Well, that was a wasted trip. The guy at the Verizon store had no clue was the Tech was talking about. I even called another Verizon store and they said that there was no flash back to 2.1. So, now they are going to send me another X.

Problem is that I have read that many people are having this issue so I wonder if my new one is gonna have the same problem. Some people may not even know they have this issue until they have to reboot the phone and get stuck on M.

Had no problems updating my stock Droid X.... 2.2 is great!
dancedroid

FSRBIKER

Reaction score

Why does this post remind me of Lord of The Rings character Frodo Baggins on a Quest for the good of the world? lol

Why is it that people need to make dumb comments, if you can't help or have any clue on what I am referring to then do a little more research. Glad you got another chance to up your post count though.

FSRBIKER

Reaction score
Kenny have you rebooted since you have been running 2.2, some people don't have a problem until they do.

kennyc

Reaction score

Why is it that people need to make dumb comments, if you can't help or have any clue on what I am referring to then do a little more research. Glad you got another chance to up your post count though.

I thought it was funny...

kennyc

Reaction score
Kenny have you rebooted since you have been running 2.2, some people don't have a problem until they do.

True. And some people that mess with their phone cause their own problems. :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Keep i mind for every person you see with a complaint there are a hundred who aren't having any issues at all. Forum boards have become a place where people can complain and moan. It goes to the old story: Let someone go to a restaurant and enjoy it they tell 2 people. Let someone got to a restaurant and not enjoy it they tell 15.

Let me say one other thing while I'm around here, some people are offended when you use the word "retarded" as a description for someone or something that may not be brilliant. I'm not a fan of political correctness but that's something we need to avoid if D.F. Call it dumb, or whatever but lets not use retarded, please.