If you are having issues with Smart Actions

Discussion in 'Droid Razr and Razr Maxx ICS discussion' started by Garemlin, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Garemlin

Garemlin Developer Relations

I already had a rule set up to disable data when on my home wifi. Well after the update data was still enabled even theough the SA rule was in effect. I got it working again. All I did was delete the old rule and created a new one. Now data disables like it whould when connected to wifi. If any of your SA rules are not working just try deleting and recreating them.
  2. 94lt1

94lt1 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I had a similar issue with the battery extender... delete it and replace it, it works fine :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!
  3. Papa_T

Papa_T Member

I can't get the newly created smart action to accept more than 1 timeframe in the trigger. GB's smart action would allow this.

Also, why do I have to save the smart action after setting the action first, go out while leaving it as a manual smart action and then come back in and set the trigger before it will save. In other words, if I set the trigger, then go to action and set it, the trigger goes away. If I set the action first, then the trigger, the action goes away. Strange? :icon_eek: :confused:

Any ideas on either of these two problems?
  4. Sirrom

Sirrom New Member

ICS changed Smart Actions. To try to correct it, I deleted my "Work" smart action; screen on, WIFI off, ringer off, vibrate on. I created a new smart action without a screen time out setting. But ICS doesn't have an option for anything longer than 10 minutes.

My Razr sits in a dock when I'm at work. I like to have the clock displayed and easily see if there are emails, texts or other info I should check. But ICS doesn't have an option for anything longer than 10 minutes. And even at system settings set to 10 minutes, the screen turns off at 1 minute. This really isn't very handy.
  5. Scott0719

Scott0719 New Member

I'm having an issue with my work setting. I have wifi disabled but every so often wifi will turn on and the smart action will show an error. I just tried re-doing it again so hopefully it works this time. Overall I have noticed the battery seems to be a little better with ICS but its hard to tell if i'm just using it less or if its just better.
  6. dollarbang

dollarbang New Member

My Droid Razr is running ICS 4.0.4, and Smart Actions 3.1.5.2
    I've noticed that I have to "Save" my SA each time I enter a value for either Trigger(s) if multiple, and Actions otherwise, the previously entered selections are ignored. Also, if I haven't saved between
    each activity (Trigger or Action), then the previously entered activity is lost.

I'm going to backout this version. I'll update this entry afterwards.

UPDATE 1):

Backed out to 3.1.5.1.2

Same problem.

Time to report to Motorola
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  7. dollarbang

dollarbang New Member

Smart Action: VIP Caller mode

Entering VIP Caller data fails to save information.

Found I had to "Delete" the Action, then add it again in order to enter contacts who were VIP's. Also, only "1" contact is allowed. This action is broke and needs repairing......time to tell Motorola.
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  8. Mike.757

Mike.757 Well-Known Member

I tried the battery saver sample action and I keep getting a warning that I am over my data limit (unlimited data). I cannot get data back until I re-boot the phone. I tried deleting the action and creating a new one with the same results. Went back to juice defender. Might try some other actions but that one is a no go for me.
Search tags for this page

droid razr smart actions not working

droid smart actions not working
how to delete smart actions on a droid maxx
motorola error smartactions
problems with smart actions
smart actions error
smart actions issues
smart actions not working
smart actions problems
smart actions vip caller mode