If I was still within my 30 days...

pool_shark

Reaction score
I would return my D2 for the Incredible for two simple reasons.

1. The incredible comes with the HTC sync that allows you to sync your outlook calendar. Right now, every time I get a new meeting invitation at work I have to export my calendar and import it into google. Why Google or Motorola won't play nice with Microsoft knowing so many people use it is beyond me.

2. The Incredible gives you the option to save files on the internal, phone, or SD card storage. That's a pretty nice option to have.

Those 2 things aside, the phones are pretty much equal from the little time I spent showing my girlfriend how to use her Incredible.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

1. The incredible comes with the HTC sync that allows you to sync your outlook calendar. Right now, every time I get a new meeting invitation at work I have to export my calendar and import it into google. Why Google or Motorola won't play nice with Microsoft knowing so many people use it is beyond me.

2. The Incredible gives you the option to save files on the internal, phone, or SD card storage. That's a pretty nice option to have.

Those 2 things aside, the phones are pretty much equal from the little time I spent showing my girlfriend how to use her Incredible.

I am in my first 30 days and I won't even think about the Incredible.

1. No physical keyboard. Even though I don't use it much if I want it,it's available.

2. 2.2 is not native with the Incredible. It is with the D2. While the vast majority of "issues" reported with 2.2 and the Incredible are probably user error, it still is a bit of an indication that 2.2 works seamlessly with the D2.

3. It's not a Droid. It's an Android phone that Verizon named a Droid. It isn't a real Droid unless it says Motorola on it. That's not to say it isn't a good phone it's wonderful. I'm just stupid and stubborn when it comes to certain things.

I still got two weeks to go but I don't see myself switching to anything else. I'm staying with the D2.

InfernoX51

Reaction score
Ps- there is a windows app that automatically syncs your outlook calendar and google calendar for you at predetermined intervals. I think its just called google calendar sync. Free. Google it, it should be what u are looking for.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
pool_shark

pool_shark

Reaction score
I am in my first 30 days and I won't even think about the Incredible.

1. No physical keyboard. Even though I don't use it much if I want it,it's available.

2. 2.2 is not native with the Incredible. It is with the D2. While the vast majority of "issues" reported with 2.2 and the Incredible are probably user error, it still is a bit of an indication that 2.2 works seamlessly with the D2.

3. It's not a Droid. It's an Android phone that Verizon named a Droid. It isn't a real Droid unless it says Motorola on it. That's not to say it isn't a good phone it's wonderful. I'm just stupid and stubborn when it comes to certain things.

I still got two weeks to go but I don't see myself switching to anything else. I'm staying with the D2.

1. I didn't play with her keyboard, that may change my mind not sure. She says the keyboard is just fine for her but her fingers are much smaller than mine. I have trouble with the virtual landscape keyboard on my D2, I use the physical keyboard a LOT more than I expected to.

2. I updated her phone last night to 2.2. I had no problems with it. I agree that the other users are probably experiencing a learning curve and they haven't accepted it yet.

3. Agree to disagree.

OP
pool_shark

pool_shark

Reaction score
Ps- there is a windows app that automatically syncs your outlook calendar and google calendar for you at predetermined intervals. I think its just called google calendar sync. Free. Google it, it should be what u are looking for.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Found it, thanks. Now all I have to do is get my office to agree to let me install it.

d2wheelz

Reaction score
If you dont want to use google to sync contacts/calendar and would like a more direct sync with outlook, look at Missing Sync you can try it for 14 days to test drive it.

I too am in my 30 day window, and thought about changing phones and even maybe carriers and going back to a BB.

Yesterday afternoon I was back in the store. I spoke with the store rep, the tech, and the manager. Not really wanting to switch. I can bring in my reciepts for apps that I purchase for a credit on my account ( since they are not directly billed to the account ) should I decide I want to stay with the Driod.

So Im keeping this puppy, Rooted again, and using TitiniumBackup to freeze/remove/backup some stuff hopefully get some better bat life.

Apps
Missing Sync ( purchased last night $40)
Profile ($2) - mainly for the whitelist

& I think Documents To Go ($15-20)

So between 57 -62 bucks credit, Im going to see if I can get a discount on a extended bat and maybe see if they will throw in Visual VM ( it never hurts to ask )

Try speaking with your rep, maybe something like this can be done as well within the 30 days

rcd213

Reaction score

RE: 1. Try touchdown. It syncs better than stock and has many other features like tasks, notes, etc.

Re: 2. I don't have an Incredible (or a D2), however I have the option to save to SD/internal on my D1 (after downloading the app). Do you mean it gives you the option to do so before you download an application? If so, that is a great feature.

OP
pool_shark

pool_shark

Reaction score

RE: 1. Try touchdown. It syncs better than stock and has many other features like tasks, notes, etc.

Re: 2. I don't have an Incredible (or a D2), however I have the option to save to SD/internal on my D1 (after downloading the app). Do you mean it gives you the option to do so before you download an application? If so, that is a great feature.

1. Touchdown is for exchange, I'm talking about Outlook.

2. No, I'm talking about saving files, pics, email attachments, etc.

OP
pool_shark

pool_shark

Reaction score
If you dont want to use google to sync contacts/calendar and would like a more direct sync with outlook, look at Missing Sync you can try it for 14 days to test drive it.

I too am in my 30 day window, and thought about changing phones and even maybe carriers and going back to a BB.

Yesterday afternoon I was back in the store. I spoke with the store rep, the tech, and the manager. Not really wanting to switch. I can bring in my reciepts for apps that I purchase for a credit on my account ( since they are not directly billed to the account ) should I decide I want to stay with the Driod.

So Im keeping this puppy, Rooted again, and using TitiniumBackup to freeze/remove/backup some stuff hopefully get some better bat life.

Apps
Missing Sync ( purchased last night $40)
Profile ($2) - mainly for the whitelist

& I think Documents To Go ($15-20)

So between 57 -62 bucks credit, Im going to see if I can get a discount on a extended bat and maybe see if they will throw in Visual VM ( it never hurts to ask )

Try speaking with your rep, maybe something like this can be done as well within the 30 days

I am no longer in my 30 days.

Am I reading correctly that missing sync does the sync via wifi or blue tooth only? If so, that won't work me my on my office machine. Our personal devices are not allowed on our network.

rcd213

Reaction score

1. Touchdown is for exchange, I'm talking about Outlook they are not the same.

2. No, I'm talking about saving files, pics, email attachments, etc.

1. Ah, I use them interchangably so often, I just assumed. Sorry I couldn't help.

2. Once again, I misunderstood you, sorry. Also, I'm used to everything saving directly to the SD card because of the internal memory is so low on the droid 1.

Those features are pretty convenient nonetheless.

DeniseSays

Reaction score
I've been debating switching from my d2 to the dX... I'm still way w/i my 30. I got the d2 mainly for the physical keyboard, but I rarely use it. ...anyways..

You can always move the files once downloaded? And I know I've been prompted by a few random DL/saves of where to put it. Not all, but some. To me that would not be an issue large enough to switch phones, but to each his/her own, lol.

I don't use Outlook but if there isn't an easier way to sync them then what you posted, that would be quite annoying [assuming you use outlook frequently]

OP
pool_shark

pool_shark

Reaction score
I've been debating switching from my d2 to the dX... I'm still way w/i my 30. I got the d2 mainly for the physical keyboard, but I rarely use it. ...anyways..

You can always move the files once downloaded? And I know I've been prompted by a few random DL/saves of where to put it. Not all, but some. To me that would not be an issue large enough to switch phones, but to each his/her own, lol.

I don't use Outlook but if there isn't an easier way to sync them then what you posted, that would be quite annoying [assuming you use outlook frequently]

I have never been prompted where to download files. By default email attachments are downloaded to the messaging folder on the SD card, handcent attachments go to the handscent folder on the SD card. I see no option or access to the Internal storage for the D2. If you do please show me how.

I use outlook everyday at work.

DeniseSays

Reaction score
Apparently my reading comprehension skills are quite poor until I finish my coffee. I totally missed the 'internal' part of your question.

azfreak

Reaction score
im still w/i my 30 days (barely) and really contemplating going back to my env touch or a cheap BB just because i can not stand not having my phone last me all day and somewhat into the night when i go out at night.

Love the droid, but i just truly use texting, calls, twitter facebook and random espn checks and barely internet browsing. i like the apps factor but i dont know if its worth it because i need a phone that stays alive!

OP
pool_shark

pool_shark

Reaction score
im still w/i my 30 days (barely) and really contemplating going back to my env touch or a cheap BB just because i can not stand not having my phone last me all day and somewhat into the night when i go out at night.

Love the droid, but i just truly use texting, calls, twitter facebook and random espn checks and barely internet browsing. i like the apps factor but i dont know if its worth it because i need a phone that stays alive!

I'm curious.
What's stopping you from charging it during the course of your day?