ICS Theme For Your Windows Desktop Viewing Pleasure

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ics-windows-theme-elements.jpg

How much do you love the Ice Cream Sandwich theme(s)? Some folks are enamored with it enough to create some Windows desktop themes that mimic the look and feel of Android's latest OS for mobile devices. Flickr user David Molina compiled the below list of components for a near-perfect approximation of ICS on a Windows desktop. Here's a breakdown of the necessary components to achieve this look:
It's fully customizable as you can use the elements that you want, or leave out what you don't.

Source: Android.net via TalkAndroid

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
and its probably only for windows 7...what about those of us stuck in windows vista? vista doesnt get any love these days lol

mjh68

Reaction score
I am new to changing fonts and customizing my desktop..any step by step instructions on how to put this all together ? Played around with it and I think I got most things done correctly. The minimal bar clock app doesn't look like the screen shot though and I can't figure out how to change the language on the calender its in arabic or something.

Last edited:

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Vista never recieved any love to begin with. :D

true, soo true lol :rofl3:...if i had enough extra cash i'd be tossing vista out the window and upgrading to windows 7 or even windows 8 (if its even out now?)

linux distros are just a little too much work to use for everyday use otherwise i would use one of those lol

pinoy_92

Reaction score
I am new to changing fonts and customizing my desktop..any step by step instructions on how to put this all together ? Played around with it and I think I got most things done correctly. The minimal bar clock app doesn't look like the screen shot though and I can't figure out how to change the language on the calender its in arabic or something.

if your are using rainmeter, you might have to go to "edit settings" on the panel itself and change it there.

its about time to upgrade that 10 year old OS.

nothing wrong with staying on xp. :happy3:

mjh68

Reaction score
if your are using rainmeter, you might have to go to "edit settings" on the panel itself and change it there. nothing wrong with staying on xp. :happy3:
I got that part figured out.. just deleted the arabic in the string and left english and that worked. Just can't figure out where to get the color codes to change the clock color like the OP. Also the app itself is much lighter on the one I downloaded compared to the example I am sure that is another code color change just have no idea how to change it .

o Fi1thy

Reaction score
true, soo true lol :rofl3:...if i had enough extra cash i'd be tossing vista out the window and upgrading to windows 7 or even windows 8 (if its even out now?)

linux distros are just a little too much work to use for everyday use otherwise i would use one of those lol

There is the Windows 8 developer beta that I used. It was pretty cool, a lot to get use to though. Just download it. Burn it to CD and go from there.

I would still be using but I have a HP touchsmart PC and it broke the touch screen so I jumped back to windows 7.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
if your are using rainmeter, you might have to go to "edit settings" on the panel itself and change it there.

nothing wrong with staying on xp. :happy3:

No 64bit, lack of new drivers, no DX 10 or DX11, etc... There is nothing wrong with a 10 year old OS so long as you are on a 10 year old PC. hehe