[Exclusive Download] Google Music 4.0.1 Built For ICS & GOOGLE+ 2.0

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

[Exclusive Download] Google Music 4.0.1 Built For ICS - All New Interface, Better Controls, And More

Oh, do we have a story for you. It's a story of mystery, intrigue, and a lost prototype Nexus Prime. Yes, a lost Nexus Prime.

Our story begins like any other -- with a person. Not just any person, though -- this person is special. They go by the name of Geek Vundotra, and they work for Verizon. Geek is a Verizon engineer who happens to be carrying a very special phone known simply as the Nexus Prime. A phone he happens to leave in a bar... or something like that. Now, thanks to Geek's screw-up, we have some goodies for all of you that are sure to get you excited for what's to come.
Without further ado, it is our pleasure to present to you the new and improved Google Music 4.0.1!
What's New

[SUP]Left: Old, Right: New[/SUP]​

As you can see, Music 4 still has the same overall look as Music 3 with a few minor changes: the tabs are cleaner and the player area at the bottom takes up less space.​

The Selection menu has also taken on a minor change: instead of a popup in the middle of the screen, it now displays a dialog-style box directly below the artist. The available offline option is also missing from this menu, which may indicate a change in the way Music caches its streams. These two things are definitely the most minor of all the changes -- it gets better from here.

The Player interface has also received a subtle makeover to match the rest of the app. It's clean and sleek, with less obtrusive buttons and more agile controls. Also noteworthy is the inclusion of a 'search' button in the top right, which is clearly due to ICS's lack of a physical search key.

Download

How unfair would it be for us to keep this all to ourselves? It wouldn't, and we love you all, so here it is for your downloading pleasure: Google Music 4.0.1 APK.​

If you have a previous version of Google Music installed, you must uninstall it first! If Music was preinstalled on your device, use Titanium Backup to uninstall it and then reboot your device. After that, you should be able to install this just like any other app.

After installing this on both of my devices, I couldn't get it to sync with my Google Music account. I was prompted to allow it, but after that, it continually said my library was empty. If you rely on Google Music's streaming service as your primary source of tunes, you may not want to install this yet. Scratch that -- if you're music doesn't sync after installing, simply head into Settings > Applications > Manage Applications and clear data. Should work after that.

[h=2]Download: Google+ 2.0 Pulled from Ice Cream Sandwich[/h] Download: Google+ 2.0 Pulled from Ice Cream Sandwich

Thought that the Google Music app from Ice Cream Sandwich was the last of ‘em? Prepare yourself for the future of Google+ as well. Version 2.0 has been pulled from the Galaxy Nexus and brings with some new features including a renamed Messenger section called “Chord.” I have no idea what that is supposed to mean, but am willing to just roll with it. The rest simply makes the app feel more well-rounded and polished, much like with what we saw on the new music app.
Download: PlusOne.apk
*Note – You will have to uninstall your current G+ before this will work.
G+ addicts, feel free to let us know about each of the new goodies or tweaks that the Android team has included.
Via: Android Police

Source: Android Police/Droid-LIFE

SOURCE: ANDROID POLICE/TWITTER
pixel.gif
pixel.gif
pixel.gif
pixel.gif
pixel.gif
pixel.gif
pixel.gif
pixel.gif

Last edited:

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What I'm taking away from this is that someone that didn't sign an NDA has their hands on a Nexus Prime and all we are getting is a music app??? Even if this is only the first thing to come from this... a music app??? I may come across as ungrateful, but really????

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
What I'm taking away from this is that someone that didn't sign an NDA has their hands on a Nexus Prime and all we are getting is a music app??? Even if this is only the first thing to come from this... a music app??? I may come across as ungrateful, but really????
Truss....I must say this made me laugh. I didn't even think about that but you make a good point. But hey, at least we are getting something out of it. This new music app is pretty clean and polished. I just installed it myself and I wish the regular built in music player was this clean.

google123

Reaction score
Installed on Droid Pro. Thanks OP

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

Bullitt6996

Reaction score
For those of you Rockin a rooted D3 with Steel Droid 2.0, this works! just make sure you follow the instructions regarding google music if you still have it. Thanks again guys!dancedroid

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

agreed someone should root that thing & make a back up & share the wealth

mcgrunt42

Reaction score
Is it just me but I find it ironic that the same story was used about the guy leaving the prototype iphone 4 in a bar..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Reaction score

Oh, do we have a story for you. It's a story of mystery, intrigue, and a lost prototype Nexus Prime. Yes, a lost Nexus Prime.

a Verizon engineer who happens to be carrying a very special phone known simply as the Nexus Prime. A phone he happens to leave in a bar...

Where is the photoshoot for the phone!?!? Google music is fine... Where the heck is the info about the PHONE!?!?

:sad:

Last edited:

flatty

Reaction score
This is nice and all, but how about a system dump for our brilliant developers to port to the D1

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Bullitt6996

Reaction score
Is it just me but I find it ironic that the same story was used about the guy leaving the prototype iphone 4 in a bar..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

More than likely it IS the same guy...Got fired from apple for losing the Iphone proto, then applied to Nexus, and now.... Sooooo I hope he goes to Motorola for his next job. lol

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I figure the phone was never lost and this just came directly from a tester who wanted to tease people with a little ICS