ICS stock keyboard

mattym320

Reaction score
I get some serious lag on my ICS keyboard. Anyone else having this issue. I have other that I have bought and can use but I like the look and feel if this one...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

rasaun87

Reaction score
U have to take off word prediction or something and the lag will stop

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
A bug with ICS currently.

Go to settings> language & input> uncheck Spelling correction. Don't worry you still have autocorrect, the spelling correction is just so you can tap on words that are underlined in red and then choose from different words. It will probably be corrected in the first large update.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Noticed lag one or two times myself, but not enough to make me switch off spelling correction.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Noticed lag one or two times myself, but not enough to make me switch off spelling correction.

I find spelling correction doesn't actually do a whole lot. It's just if you make a mistake and don't allow autocorrect to correct it while typing, it will show a red line underneath the word and sometimes allow you to tap it and replace it with another word if it's close enough. But I find putting my autocorrect on aggressive is much more effective because I don't have to go back and correct the word since it was already adjusted while
typing.

The lags actually pretty bad with spelling correction on if you type more than a sentence or two in landscape mode.

OP
mattym320

mattym320

Reaction score
Good info... Thanks everyone

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I find spelling correction doesn't actually do a whole lot. It's just if you make a mistake and don't allow autocorrect to correct it while typing, it will show a red line underneath the word and sometimes allow you to tap it and replace it with another word if it's close enough. But I find putting my autocorrect on aggressive is much more effective because I don't have to go back and correct the word since it was already adjusted while
typing.

The lags actually pretty bad with spelling correction on if you type more than a sentence or two in landscape mode.
True, didn't even realize you can turn autocorrect to aggressive. I've used the spelling correction a couple times already, so for me it's helpful:)

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
True, didn't even realize you can turn autocorrect to aggressive. I've used the spelling correction a couple times already, so for me it's helpful:)

Yeah I actually found aggressive mode when I was using the ICS keyboard on my OG, it really improves the auto-correction. I rarely ever have misspelled/incorrect words.

nleksan

Reaction score
Hmm... I bought SwiftKey X on Dec. 14th, so I only played with my stock ICS keyboard for a minute before downloading Swiftkey to my GNex, but I am wondering: does anyone else have problems with the keyboard NOT allowing prediction when using the browser?

I have tried both the stock browser (which is SO MUCH BETTER THAN IT WAS on my OG), and with Dolphin HD... neither allow word prediction :/

Should I download the FireFox mobile? I've heard it's good, and I use FireFox on my PC's so the "sync" feature would kick butt, but I have also heard it's a MAJOR memory hog... :/ Any advice?

Thanks, and I'm sorry if I derailed the topic... :S

Sincerely,
nleksan

kimintenn

Reaction score
Hmm... I bought SwiftKey X on Dec. 14th, so I only played with my stock ICS keyboard for a minute before downloading Swiftkey to my GNex, but I am wondering: does anyone else have problems with the keyboard NOT allowing prediction when using the browser?

I have tried both the stock browser (which is SO MUCH BETTER THAN IT WAS on my OG), and with Dolphin HD... neither allow word prediction :/

Should I download the FireFox mobile? I've heard it's good, and I use FireFox on my PC's so the "sync" feature would kick butt, but I have also heard it's a MAJOR memory hog... :/ Any advice?

Thanks, and I'm sorry if I derailed the topic... :S

Sincerely,
nleksan

Mine doesn't do word prediction when I'm typing in the browser... It didn't with my OG Droid either though. Didn't even realize it was an option.