ICS OTA Rolling out for everyone starting tonight.

RichC

Reaction score
Ok, Started upgrade at 2 this morning, awoke to "updating Media Files" at 0540 this morning and now it is 1127 with the same screen. Yes I have music as it is my music player when doing things and a few pics. Frustrating to say the least.

Reaction score
I'm still stuck in the same position as yesterday still says "Download suspended. Will Resume shortly..."

I've done an FDR and clear cache but after that still no luck guess I am just gonna have to wait.

Had same problem was stuck 0% at download suspended will resume shortly.

I did this and got mine back working its from a post on the

"motorola bionic forums" posted by "superdave 27"

"Go to settings-> Battery->Data Turn off background, turn off data then go into the Social Data, Toggle it (on or off), wait 10 minutes at least. Turn everything back the way it was. The download should pop back up automatically in you notifications."

HHX18

Reaction score
So I manually checked for updates before I went to bed last night, around midnight, and found it was available, so hoping to wake up to an updated bionic, I had it start downloading and went to bed. When I woke up this morning to find it had stopped at 6%. I've tried everything from restarting like 25 times, to clearing the cache, and pulling the battery, and turning off data, anything I could find. I decided to leave it alone, and since then it's started and stopped about 5 times, and I'm still stuck at 61% after starting the process almost 15 hours ago... I'm getting so impatient! Haha.

drust

Reaction score
will continue downloading on wifi/off-peak hours damn it all why did i have to leave for work

HHX18

Reaction score
After waiting all day, I'm finally installing the update right now, can't wait to try out ICS! Took a little bit of toggling data on and off sometimes.

greggor01

Reaction score
Wow - big troubles here. Update finally downloaded, unpacked and everything installed - now I get absolutely no service. When I go to settings and try to look at mobile networks I get a message that com.android.phone is not responding - help! Any suggestions?

Hey Tony,

Mine was doing the same thing when it finished, I toggled wifi on then off and things have been GREAT since then. No problems for 2 hours.dancedroid

roofer1976

Reaction score
In the end, Factory Reset did the trick for me. After the reset, it downloaded relatively quickly, and installed with no issues.

TonyBoD

Reaction score
Hey Tony,

Mine was doing the same thing when it finished, I toggled wifi on then off and things have been GREAT since then. No problems for 2 hours.dancedroid

Yeah - things have slowly come back - I forget that with this phone you have to be exceedingly patient about EVERYTHING. I guess it never occured to me that after all teh wait to download, unpack and install it would still need all sorts of time to actually work - silly me! Always so comforting to know that your phone isn't working because its busy doing things you can't see. Perhaps they should warn you that this upgrade is going to take you the better part of a day to get in place, and for most of that time your phone is going to be a giant paperweight, not suitable for calls or anything else.

OK - 1 last problem is that my Yahoo mail account won't sync because it keeps saying I have a bad username/password - works just fine on all other platforms but ICS says it is invalid - joy!

RichC

Reaction score
Ok, Started upgrade at 2 this morning, awoke to "updating Media Files" at 0540 this morning and now it is 1127 with the same screen. Yes I have music as it is my music player when doing things and a few pics. Frustrating to say the least.

Anyone have ann idea, Do I ride it out, do I wait longer, pull the battery and restart, do a Factory reset?

greggor01

Reaction score
Yeah - things have slowly come back - I forget that with this phone you have to be exceedingly patient about EVERYTHING. I guess it never occured to me that after all teh wait to download, unpack and install it would still need all sorts of time to actually work - silly me! Always so comforting to know that your phone isn't working because its busy doing things you can't see. Perhaps they should warn you that this upgrade is going to take you the better part of a day to get in place, and for most of that time your phone is going to be a giant paperweight, not suitable for calls or anything else.

OK - 1 last problem is that my Yahoo mail account won't sync because it keeps saying I have a bad username/password - works just fine on all other platforms but ICS says it is invalid - joy!

Glad to hear things are now working (for the most part) fairly smoothly. :)

thumper300zx

Reaction score
Can't everyone just backup what they have, run RDS Lite, get the intermediary update, and then go to ICS without a problem? Is there something that prevents that? Worked like a charm for me.....

.....that said, anyone know how to root after official ICS update? Gotta get my key apps back on!!!! (+wireless tether)