ICS on DroidX

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
You flash them after you flash the ROM but in the same recovery session.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Very cool, glad it worked! And definitely let me know how it is I would like to hear it.

searayman

Reaction score
Very cool, glad it worked! And definitely let me know how it is I would like to hear it.

Its quick but i am getting a lot of force closes when i try and download apps from the market. I can not really install much right now which is frustrating.

RobClay18838

Reaction score
I'm guessin it'd be because moost apps aren't compatible with ICS yet. But it won't be long till they are

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

searayman

Reaction score
after a re-boot I am not having problems downloading and installing apps anymore. Its so quick just wish the small bugs were Ironered out and this would be a perfect rom!

searayman

Reaction score
So, I am trying to flash back to liberty 3 v2 today but ics seems to not want to boot back into recovery...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
So, I am trying to flash back to liberty 3 v2 today but ics seems to not want to boot back into recovery...

Did you try to do it the way suggested in the RW thread? I don't remember it off hand but from what I do remember you can not do it the typical way through the power menu.

leftspin

Reaction score

at the boot logo (the thing before the boot animation), watch the notification LED. When it turns blue, press the volume down button. It will bring you to a custom boot menu where you can select recovery or a few other things using the power button. When I flashed back to CM7 GB from ICS I bootlooped, I'm not sure if it was because you can't flash back to a GB ROM from the ICS or because of the jakebites mod or gapps that I flashed. I don't see why it would cause a bootloop since they're both on the same kernel but you might have to do an SBF

searayman

Reaction score
Did you try to do it the way suggested in the RW thread? I don't remember it off hand but from what I do remember you can not do it the typical way through the power menu.

Thanks, I guess I need to do the whole volume button thing etc.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Thanks leftspin. I was heading over there to get it but you beat me, you're just too fast lol.

clueless77

Reaction score
at the boot logo (the thing before the boot animation), watch the notification LED. When it turns blue, press the volume down button. It will bring you to a custom boot menu where you can select recovery or a few other things using the power button. When I flashed back to CM7 GB from ICS I bootlooped, I'm not sure if it was because you can't flash back to a GB ROM from the ICS or because of the jakebites mod or gapps that I flashed. I don't see why it would cause a bootloop since they're both on the same kernel but you might have to do an SBF
that happened to me on more than one occasion

wdcspurs

Reaction score
Its quick but i am getting a lot of force closes when i try and download apps from the market. I can not really install much right now which is frustrating.
Try clearing the cache. That helped me out on another ROM when I got errors from the market!

dimmer_is_a_DJ

Reaction score
Excellent!

I'm not the creator or affiliated at all with the ROM, but I'd like to bring your attention to the best ICS ROM in production right now for the DroidX. I'm running it on my phone now and though not everything is working (i.e. camera, picture texting and more), it mostly works. The radio, wifi, gps, audio, video and much much more works fine. Check it out and give it a try or just follow it for when it becomes complete.

[ROM] EncounterICS X (Beta 2 with working radio!) - RootzWikiike I said, I'm running it and am happy with it even with the few parts that aren't working yet.

This ROM is super smooth. Love the UI and the custom tweaks added by the dev. Running the Beta 3 version and I am impressed. The non-working features are still there but I hardly even notice. Cannot wait to add the Nexus to my devices in a couple weeks but until then I am more than satisfied with EncounterICS on myDX and plan on running this ROM on the device for a while. Thanks dev for your hard work, looking forward to updates.

EncounterICS X Beta 3 running on a:

DroidX 1.3Ghz
V6 Supercharger
ChainFire3DPro OpenGL Driver