[ROM] [ROM][CM9] EncounterICS X (Beta 2 with working radio!) [4.0.1]

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I might flash beta 3. I was able to just wipe data and restore a backup from ICS to CM7, so it was an easy transition back...

X

inswva

Reaction score
Good to know it's an easy road back.

I will mention one little issue I've had since my initial post. I wiped my battery stats via CWR and upon the next reboot, the phone freaked out. It ran out of memory upon numerous reboots and I eventually had wipe/factory reset and reload the ROM. All is well now and, admittedly, I have no clue what actually happened. No worries though, I'm just pleased to no end that the dev community is keeping this device relevant.

clueless77

Reaction score
i agree, i saw a lot of people complaining that the forums were dead because of the GNEX, but people must have forgot that it is the holiday season, the devs might be relaxing with family and such

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Any one try Adb with this rom?

We have nothing to fear but running out if beer

cebosound

Reaction score
I installed this Rom (Beta 3) on my DX... with the gapps zip. Eveything is running supersmooth!

Now this is true ICS. I have the nexus as my phone and so I am used to using it a bit. and this seems very legit. My DX isn't used as a phone, but more of a WIFI device. So not as concerned with some of the issues. Issues I have found so far (1hour in) are camera isn't working and gallery doesn't seem to work, but other than that I haven't found any issues.

dancedroid

EDIT*** I actually found the workaround for the gallery issue : -Disable "Sync Google-photos" for all of your accounts. (worked like a charm):icon_ banana:​

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
How is the data? It was glitchy for me on the Beta 2...

X

haxerpaylay

Reaction score
How is the data? It was glitchy for me on the Beta 2...

X

It works awesome, everything is smooth and fast for me! Only problem is the camera, which doesn't matter. (In my own opinion)

DroidX: EncounterICS X Beta 3
Lg Revolution: Gingervolt 1.3
Motorola Droid (retired)
Motorola Cliq (Retired

wdcspurs

Reaction score
Anyone know if this is safe to use with bootmanager as a SD card ROM? I thought I had read somewhere that it is advised not to?

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Anyone know if this is safe to use with bootmanager as a SD card ROM? I thought I had read somewhere that it is advised not to?

I use it... As my phone rom... I had it set up on ssx 2.2... Then just didn't set up boot manager on this rom... And it's working great

We have nothing to fear but running out if beer

wdcspurs

Reaction score
You will have to sbf if you do

X
I was able to get this ROM running while utilizing bootmanager! I read elsewhere what worked for someone, so I take no credit for this. Basically I started off with CM74DX GB as my ROM. Loaded up bootmanager and set that as my phone ROM. I then rebooted into Clockwork and installed Encounter with the usual wipes and Gapps as well. From there it boots up and runs like a champ. I never setup Encounter as my phone ROM, but was able to switch regularly between SD ROMs in bootmanager and the "phone ROM" which was never setup with, but boots as Encounter. This ROM is awesome. Cant wait to explore it!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh I thought you meant use firstEncounter as a slot ROM, not a phone ROM.

X

wdcspurs

Reaction score
2 issues I am having right now with the ROM are that it is showing my WI-FI as a poor signal,which I am feet away from my router and no other device shows it as poor signal, so the ROM is ignoring it. And the galley wont show any of my pics. I unchecked the Google Pics sync with no luck. Is the Beta 3 the most current version? If not, where can I find the newest?

leftspin

Reaction score
wdc: the beta 3 is the most recent version

on that note, has there been any word on when we might see an update?

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
wdc: the beta 3 is the most recent version

on that note, has there been any word on when we might see an update?

Yes.. Yes there has... And by what was said... It could drop any time

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer