Icons in folder switching to generic icons

PaulQ

Reaction score
When I create a folder on the homescreen and fill it with applications, the app icons revert to generic green and white icons after I reboot the phone. Not all of them, just about half of them. I am only talking about icons in the folder I made.

Any idea why that is happening?

Thanks!

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

harrellj

Reaction score
Are those icons for applications that are installed on your SD card? The timing of when the SD card gets mounted to the phone can cause this problem (and is also why its highly recommended for widgets to not be moved to the SD card).

OP
P

PaulQ

Reaction score
Bingo.

But... they aren't widgets. Just applications. The ones that are on the screens (outside of folders) appear fine. It's when I put them in folders that they switch to generic icons.

I guess there's nothing I can do except move them back to phone storage?

harrellj

Reaction score
Its the same problem as widgets have, the icons are being displayed before the SD card mounts, so the system doesn't know what they should look like. Unless you manually change the icon (which may still not work), yeah, the only solution is to put them back in phone storage. Alternatively, if they are applications you don't use often, you can just leave them in the app drawer as well.