icons and widgets - all gone!

jwgraves

Reaction score
Not sure if this is related to the latest upgrade or the fact that I installed a larger SD Card a few weeks ago, but lately some widgets and icons on my screens have been disappearing. I reboot the phone and everything is back to normal. This morning after receiving a text, every single screen was empty. No icons, no widgets, nothing. I re-boot the phone and it's back to normal.

Anyone else ever have this happen?

rocket_girl

Reaction score
Not sure if this is related to the latest upgrade or the fact that I installed a larger SD Card a few weeks ago, but lately some widgets and icons on my screens have been disappearing. I reboot the phone and everything is back to normal. This morning after receiving a text, every single screen was empty. No icons, no widgets, nothing. I re-boot the phone and it's back to normal.

Yes...same thing. Random. About to do a factory reset for this and other reasons, once I figure out how to copy photos and contacts to SD card.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

Ride

Reaction score
Same here, nearly an hour after my upgrade, its random and a restart fixes it. Hasn't happened in about aa week for me.

SaturnMan

Reaction score
I noticed this too... especially when undocking from either the media dock or the car dock.

One workaround to get the icons back was to switch profiles. eg If you were in the Work profile and you lost the icons, switch to Home and then back to Work and the icons would come back.

Eventually, I installed LauncherPro and the issue is completely gone for me. The icons show up correctly after undocking.

OP
J

jwgraves

Reaction score
One workaround to get the icons back was to switch profiles. eg If you were in the Work profile and you lost the icons, switch to Home and then back to Work and the icons would come back.

Nice workaround! Works perfect, but it is really annoying how often I lose the widgets on my screens and this never happened on the old OS.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score

Yes...same thing. Random. About to do a factory reset for this and other reasons, once I figure out how to copy photos and contacts to SD card.

rocketgirl...did you import photo's to your phone from somewhere? If so, where did you save them? Every photo I have taken on my Pro have been stored on my sd card in the DCIM folder. Your photos should already be there too. As for your contacts...google/gmail will automatically populate your contacts to your phone if you do a factory reset. If the contact is on your phone it is also in google/gmail...assuming you have a gmail account. If you don't have a gmail account (it's free) I recommend you get one.