Ice Cream Sandwich ROM Leaked for the International Samsung Galaxy SII

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Dec 14, 2011.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

This story doesn't directly pertain to a Verizon device, but will be interesting for those users that love to read anything they can about Ice Cream Sandwich. It looks like a yummy Ice Cream Sandwich ROM was leaked for the international version of the Samsung Galaxy SII (model I-9100). The build date is December 7th, and it was built around Android 4.0.1. Interestingly, it looks like Samsung's TouchWiz works fine with the new OS, although there are a few small issues overall. Here's a quote from the source with more info on what works and doesn't:

The video is pretty dull for the most part, but shows off what it needs to nonetheless. They do mention that if you are used to only flashing stock roms that you should not use this one. If you want to risk trying it out, check out the SamMobile.com source link below.

Source: Android.net via TalkAndroid and SamMobile
  2. akhenax

akhenax Well-Known Member

I guess they are using a custom launcher because the app scrolling did not look like ICS.

If this is not ICS, then they did a good theming job, and took the browser.apk from ICS, and modded the Android version.
  3. astokes

astokes New Member

Wow touchwiz is so damn ugly!
  4. g_what

g_what Member

Skinning ICS is blasphemy! The look and feel of ICS seems to be completely ruined by Touchwiz. I'm sure every manufacturer will still put their own skin over the stock experience, so Samsung is not alone in ruining ICS. Oh well. That's what rooting and custom ROMs are for. Or, like me, any Verizon customer can go pick up the GNex tomorrow and experience ICS as it was intended.
Search tags for this page

ice cream sandwich new roms

original ice cream sandwich rom