Ice Cream Sandwich AOSP Build on Xoom Makes it "Crazy Fast"

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;Pd0O3JLm2vE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Pd0O3JLm2vE[/video]​

Some guys over at DroidNerds put a compiled AOSP version of Ice Cream Sandwich on the OG Motorola Xoom, with excellent results. They claim that the only thing not working is the camera at this point, but that the performance increase was "crazy fast" and said that, "multitasking through the applications and browsing the internet felt like we were using a whole new device." The included a video too, which you can see above. Enjoy!

Source: XoomForums via DroidNerds

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Dude needs to lay off the Redbull, but other than that looks great.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Might just be me but the ICS version didn't seem drastically faster or anything. The only thing that was noticeably fast was the guy's voice; I wonder if he's running on ICS. :p

theandygram

Reaction score
When Available?

Does anyone know when/if they will be pushing out an upgrade for ICS to the Xoom?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Can't wait for ICS to hit my Bionic.

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
Does anyone know when/if they will be pushing out an upgrade for ICS to the Xoom?

OTA from Moto/Google? You'll be waiting a while... They're still inside the 6 weeks of source drop, then they'll release an ETA of when they *think* they'll be able to release it. Given Moto's track record, don't hold your breath. but they did say the Xoom is on the list to updated, so the question of if I believe if pretty much a yes :)