Ice Cream Paintjob

slugger393

Reaction score
Posted this in the 'Android' section, too, but Google's home page received an Ice Cream (Sundae) Paintjob today.

Of course, they're referencing the next version of Android - Ice Cream Sundae.

PC Mag DOES NOT GET IT!!!!!!!! They write a whole darn article about ice cream sundaes and cite Google's randomness!

http://mobile.pcmag.com/device2/art.../www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2382992,00.asp

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
Posted this in the 'Android' section, too, but Google's home page received an Ice Cream (Sundae) Paintjob today.

Of course, they're referencing the next version of Android - Ice Cream Sundae.

PC Mag DOES NOT GET IT!!!!!!!! They write a whole darn article about ice cream sundaes and cite Google's randomness!

Google Doodle Celebrates 119th Anniversary of First Ice Cream Sundae | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Or maybe they just plain picked from a list something historical that happened today. Had they included a link or a hint otherwise, I might believe it was a shout out to their OS. However, I don't think it was just plain randomness like she does.

bplewis24

Reaction score
If you go to the Google homepage and hover your mouse cursor over the image, it references being the 119th anniversary of the Ice Cream Sundae. Also, clicking on the image brings up google searches for Ice Cream Sundae.

Of course, it must be a veiled reference to their next OS, but the hint is so subtle that I see why PC Mag missed it. Although, you would think a site called PC Mag would be in the know about something like this.

Brandon

Last edited:

xan

Reaction score
naw, they put that up to celebrate my birthday today!

:icon_ banana: