I want to so bad, but....

mbmarsh

Reaction score
Got the 1.7.15.0 miuiandroid version off of Droid Life, laggy as crap. Realized I had the wrong version, got the .us version this morning.

Really like it, much faster, really want to keep playing with it, but......swype is kind of a deal breaker for me. I sort of have it working, following all the instructions to get the license generating correctly. But between that and not having the vibrate on keypress, and all the other little things that I can't get working, I just can't do it. So sad, but I guess I'll go back to SS5.4.

If we can get those things working reliably, I'm all in - but I can't be constantly retyping words because the hold/shift functionality doesn't work.

It's almost there, does that count?

bmx24

Reaction score
swype is not that hard to get working its a little weird but it works so what exactly are the problems because i really dont like vibrations on key press

Joshison

Reaction score
Got the 1.7.15.0 miuiandroid version off of Droid Life, laggy as crap. Realized I had the wrong version, got the .us version this morning.
So glad you made this post, I was about to wipe and go back to CM7 until I saw your post and realized I had downloaded the same ROM from droid life. Just d/ld the miui.us last night and its worlds faster.

OP
M

mbmarsh

Reaction score
Without the haptic feedback, some of the features of Swype, such as long pressing to get the symbol associated with the letter, don't seem to work. Entering some user names and email addresses make Swype go a little nutty, to the point that I had to use my physical keyboard to get logged in. Not to mention that without the feedback that you get to tell you the swype has actually started, it's hard to sometimes know whether the keyboard is keeping up with you or not.

Joshison, I wouldn't go back to CM7 - that was SO slow! If anything SS or Liquid seemed to be running pretty quickly for me. CM7 was what prompted me to find another ROM in the first place - made me want to throw the phone out the window on multiple occasions.

bmx24

Reaction score
Without the haptic feedback, some of the features of Swype, such as long pressing to get the symbol associated with the letter, don't seem to work. Entering some user names and email addresses make Swype go a little nutty, to the point that I had to use my physical keyboard to get logged in. Not to mention that without the feedback that you get to tell you the swype has actually started, it's hard to sometimes know whether the keyboard is keeping up with you or not.

Joshison, I wouldn't go back to CM7 - that was SO slow! If anything SS or Liquid seemed to be running pretty quickly for me. CM7 was what prompted me to find another ROM in the first place - made me want to throw the phone out the window on multiple occasions.

o well then i just use swype without the feedback and i have not had any problems with it sry you cant enjoy it too :/