How bad is it?

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Eris' started by chris8105, Dec 12, 2009.

1. chris8105

chris8105 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I really want to trade my Storm 2 in and get a Eris. My BB S2 keeps locking up on me and I am getting tired of having to pull the battery out to reset it. Anyways I am wondeing if the update did anything to conserve battery power? I have read that the battery is bad and that is really the only downfall to this phone.I have no problems charging my phone every night, thats no big deal. I work 10 hour shifts and want to know if the battery will last the whole time I am at work with a few calls a night to call the wife, some web surfing, text messages and checking email.

I really like this phone but dont want to get stuck with a dead battery every day. Thanks in advance for any info.

2. Spectral

Spectral Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The battery will be fine. You just have to know how to best conserve the battery. I have used the phone for 8-10 hours a day with calls, text, GPS with Nav, and some web browsing. In between not using it though I made sure everything on the phone that is extra for battery use was turned off. I have the Moto Droid but the principles are the same for any of the Android phones out there.

3. steelydan

steelydan New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    YEP what spec said... I have the eris and it will hog the battery if you are not conscious of what you have running.

4. 928Droid

928Droid Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Best to have a charger at work and at home as well as the car. Then you should be OK. I look forward to the exteneded batteries when they are available, but don't look forward to the pricetag!

5. xfeathersx

xfeathersx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    my battery lasts all day and if I can pry it out of my hands it will go almost a full day without recharging...Just shut off apps you dont need on all the time and you'll be fine..Don't sweat it...

6. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Wife switched from the Storm to the Eris and loves it....

Charger at Home, Work and Car is the way to go..

7. Eric

Eric Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just turn hardware off (GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, mobile network) when I'm not using it, and have the screen brightness set at about 25%, and I can go up to 3 days on a charge. Maybe not acceptable to everyone, but it works for me. (At home I turn off my lights, TV, audio equipment, computers, etc. when I'm not using them, too. :wink: )

8. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Not an option for some that have multiple apps that use those.....

9. New2u

New2u DF Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +17
    It really depends. Some functions will drain the battery faster then others. I can easily make my phone last 10 hours with a moderate usage. Voice calls for me are the biggest drainers. I will be on around for 2-3 hours. I have my screen set at 25% brightness which is WAY more then enough for most occasions... other then direct sunlight. I will usually get 10-15 hours on a charge, lately a tiny bit more.