I want to just ban the word "KY" from the autocorrect...

Jscullin

Reaction score
Every ****ing time. Every god-damn, ****ing time I want to spell "my" the keyboard reads it as a "K" and because I want to type fast and it can't keep up and auto corrects to "KY".

:mad:

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Hey,

one of the great advantages of beeing a human, is to
discuss problems, even anoying problems, in a good manner,
and with fine language.

Please stick to that, or your thread will be removed.

So now, anything we can assist you?

Tigger

lumpysherman

Reaction score
Just hope you're not typing my jelly someday. Wow would that turn your face red.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've read of problems like this and will explain how to solve them.

Head out to your local doctor's office and make an appointment. At said appt time, express to your doctor that you are having some serious anger issues that are beginning to spill over on your favorite Droid forum. Request a prescription for an anti-anxiety medication, something along the lines of xanax or valium. Take the suggested dosage, waiting approximately 20-30 minutes, and before you know it, you will then be able to offer a clean and friendly post to this forum! Hope this helps.

Last edited:

allikanbe

Reaction score
Every ****ing time. Every god-damn, ****ing time I want to spell "my" the keyboard reads it as a "K" and because I want to type fast and it can't keep up and auto corrects to "KY".

:mad:

It sounds like operator error. You just said that it is because you want to type fast (that doesn't mean accurately) and it can't keep up. It sounds like "it" is typing what your fast finger hit.

OP
J

Jscullin

Reaction score
The only way this is going to be solved is for the keyboard to not be laggy and support multitouch.

It's not just this word. There have been other problem words that just get auto corrected for no reason or because key hits don't register because of the above problems. It's the only gripe I have with the phone. And it's seemingly so easy to correct on the software side.

Sorry for the language. It's happened quite a few times and was caught but this time it actually got sent. Not to mention the period.button.is too.wide.compared.to.the.spacebar issue I come across a lot.

dro

Reaction score
Have you tried Swype or any other keyboards aside from the stock one?

OP
J

Jscullin

Reaction score
I have Better Keyboard but haven't seen an improvement. I did send the dev an email asking if making the spacebar bigger is a possibility.

Swype looks good but isn't how I want to input text on the device.

roflcopters

Reaction score
I just typed out a text pretty darn fast and had no issues like you're describing. Also, isn't it predictive text? Meaning it selects what you use most frequently? If that's the case, well...talk about KY much?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
when i used the stock android keyboard I was pretty quick and accurate with it. you already know it doesn't have multitouch so lift up one of your fingers or whatever you type with before you hit the next key.

gonna say your frustration is definitely user error.

rastataoist

Reaction score
Hmm, I was just about to start a thread wondering if I can erase "my" from the autocorrect dictionary, since I always want to type KY.

To each his own, I guess.

udroid

Reaction score
Is there any way that, instead of being sarcastic, someone could address the actual problem of removing words from the dictionary?

There are a few words I would like to remove, and my understanding is that the Droid offers this function, but I can't figure it out. All I've found is the option to add words, not get rid of them...

Jscullin, I feel your pain. Not a day goes by that I don't swear at my Droid for something...luckily, I thank it for more things than I swear at it for... :)

Silver Member
Reaction score
but KY is an abbreviation for the state of Kentucky. how is the dictionary going to know the different between KY and my if you're hitting the wrong key?

OP
J

Jscullin

Reaction score
It's a combination of a few things. A lot of which I've seen posted here already.

- Lack of multi touch. Letters are getting skipped or in some cases just not registering at all. I've hit the virtual keyboard several times and it just never registers on occasion.
- Keyboard lag. Just can't keep up sometimes.
- Accuracy on screen press to key registering.

So far I haven't felt that the phone has learned I always want "my" when "ky" comes up and gets deleted. I had read it does that. I have a friend w/the last name Thistle that tends to replace "the" when used at the beginning of a sentence because it's capitalized. Or putting the period button next to the spacebar which graze every time and it registers it.