I want my LED notifications back!

Raven1155

Reaction score
{Mis-posted here, thought I was in "Tech Issues." Can a moderator please move this to the appropriate forum or tell me how to?}

I've seen a few messages on here complaining about the GB ota upgrade killing LED email notifications, and I've seen a few "How to Fix It" messages. HOWEVER... All of the suggested fixes I've seen are for ROOTED DX's! Does anyone in this forum, besides me, I mean, still use a "regular" NON-rooted DX and, if so, can you tell me how on earth I can get my LED notifications back?!?!

Thanks in advance!
- Jim 8^}

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Last edited:

J_Bone

Reaction score
I'm on non rooted ota GB.
In setting, there should be a box that you can select with a check mark.

OP
R

Raven1155

Reaction score
J_Bone, I appreciate the response (since no one else has said anything), but I'm afraid that your answer is quite unhelpful. Unless you know WHERE in settings I could find such a checkbox, the comment doesn't do me any good.

Nonetheless, I appreciate the attempt very much!

- Jim 8^}

J_Bone

Reaction score
Open up text messages and hit the menu button(bottom left with 4 squares) and select messenging settings. Scroll down to notifications. If selected, LED is bad.

SupraRZ95

Reaction score
U could also try lightflow. I use it and all my leds work.

dxsys.xbl

OP
R

Raven1155

Reaction score
Thank you both (esp. J_bone). I've tried light flow, I've tried handcent, neither one work for me. I've used a couple of LED test apps and they light up in various colors, but only the first time I run them; after that, no lights.

J_bone, I checked on that setting and it is set, so the LED is probably bad; but that is weird since it worked perfectly before the ota update. I can't figure it out so I'm probably screwed.

Thanks for trying to help!