1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

I want my LED notifications back!

Discussion in 'Droid X Themes' started by Raven1155, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Raven1155

Raven1155 New Member

{Mis-posted here, thought I was in "Tech Issues." Can a moderator please move this to the appropriate forum or tell me how to?}

I've seen a few messages on here complaining about the GB ota upgrade killing LED email notifications, and I've seen a few "How to Fix It" messages. HOWEVER... All of the suggested fixes I've seen are for ROOTED DX's! Does anyone in this forum, besides me, I mean, still use a "regular" NON-rooted DX and, if so, can you tell me how on earth I can get my LED notifications back?!?!

Thanks in advance!
    - Jim 8^}

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  2. J_Bone

J_Bone New Member

I'm on non rooted ota GB.
    In setting, there should be a box that you can select with a check mark.

3. Raven1155

Raven1155 New Member

J_Bone, I appreciate the response (since no one else has said anything), but I'm afraid that your answer is quite unhelpful. Unless you know WHERE in settings I could find such a checkbox, the comment doesn't do me any good.

Nonetheless, I appreciate the attempt very much!

- Jim 8^}
  4. J_Bone

J_Bone New Member

Open up text messages and hit the menu button(bottom left with 4 squares) and select messenging settings. Scroll down to notifications. If selected, LED is bad.

5. SupraRZ95

SupraRZ95 New Member

U could also try lightflow. I use it and all my leds work.

dxsys.xbl
  6. Raven1155

Raven1155 New Member

Thank you both (esp. J_bone). I've tried light flow, I've tried handcent, neither one work for me. I've used a couple of LED test apps and they light up in various colors, but only the first time I run them; after that, no lights.

J_bone, I checked on that setting and it is set, so the LED is probably bad; but that is weird since it worked perfectly before the ota update. I can't figure it out so I'm probably screwed.

Thanks for trying to help!