I >NEED< my LED notifications back!

Raven1155

Reaction score
Howdy,

Pretty new to posting here (already mis-posted this to one forum where it did NOT apply), but really hopeful that y'all can perhaps help me...

I've seen a few messages on various boards here complaining about the GB ota upgrade killing LED email notifications, and I've seen a few "How to Fix It" messages. HOWEVER... All of the suggested fixes I've seen are for ROOTED DX's! Does anyone in this forum, besides me, I mean, still use a "regular" NON-rooted DX and, if so, can you tell me how on earth I can get my LED notifications back?!?!

FWIW- I've tried Light Flow, but still don't get ANY LED notifications (since the ota "upgrade")!

Thanks in advance!
- Jim 8^}

pool_shark

Reaction score
I use handcent for text and gmail notifier for gmail.

I never noticed there was a problem with LED notifications, I have to assume that's why.

OP
R

Raven1155

Reaction score
I posted a reply on the original, albeit incorrect, forum, but the gist of it is that my LEDs used to work, I "upgraded", and now they don't. I haven't found an app that fixes that. I'm frustrated, feel totally screwed by the idiots who decided that GB didn't need LED notifications, and doubt that I'll ever get then back...

Thanks anyway, guys.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
R

Raven1155

Reaction score
Did you try a factory reset?

To be honest, the thought never occurred to me. Now that you suggest it, I have to admit to being rather terrified of the prospect. I simply am not that confident that I'll be able to get the phone back to the way it is now (though possibly with the LED problem solved)!

I'll have to ponder this one a bit...

Thanks!!

Beka27

Reaction score
Lots of people enjoy "re-setting-up" their phones. Don't be too scared, it can be fun to try different configurations. Many people change their entire phone on a weekly basis, if not more frequently. Are you using a home replacement launcher, many of those have the ability to backup and restore your homescreens.

OP
R

Raven1155

Reaction score
Are you using a home replacement launcher, many of those have the ability to backup and restore your homescreens.

Nope! Though I do use Multi-icon, which gives me a different than "normal" home screen, I'm fairly plain Jane. Still not sure I won't lose something I really like, or need, but I'll probably end up trying the hard reset. Thanks for the suggestion and the encouragement.

- Jim

Natey2

Reaction score
Lots of people enjoy "re-setting-up" their phones.

I'm certainly not one of them. I lost my apps, data, configurations, SMS, etc. after a factory data reset.
It was a lot of work to get things back the way I had it before.

Ensure that Google is backing up your apps and data before the factory reset. Even though I had both the Backup and Restore check boxes selected under Privacy, my settings were not backed up at Google, and as a result, I lost the ability to easily restore my phone after the factory reset.

Have you done a factory reset and had all of your apps and data successfully auto-reinstall ?

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app.

J_Bone

Reaction score
but the gist of it is that my LEDs used to work, I "upgraded", and now they don't. I haven't found an app that fixes that. I'm frustrated, feel totally screwed by the idiots who decided that GB didn't need LED notifications, and doubt that I'll ever get then back...

Thanks anyway, guys.

Well mine didn't either after the ota update until I selected it settings. Text has its own as does email.

I would take it in to your local verizon store and if they can't get it going, have them give you a new one. Good luck

Last edited: