I think something is wrong with GOOGLE

hashsi99

Reaction score
in addition to google earth not being in the market, i looked up google goggles and it says intall. Other programs that i already have installed say installed.

Seems like google isn't recognizing the handset???

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just checked, it says google googles is installed on my phone.

OP
H

hashsi99

Reaction score

uh oh... I just hit menu and downloads and like 3 of my apps have updates available. But i didn't receive any notifications about it. Before the 2.1 I always got a reminder.

I force updated...hope i didn't mess anything up. Maybe the market has to be updated by google after all the OTA's go out?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

uh oh... I just hit menu and downloads and like 3 of my apps have updates available. But i didn't receive any notifications about it. Before the 2.1 I always got a reminder.

I force updated...hope i didn't mess anything up. Maybe the market has to be updated by google after all the OTA's go out?

That is not unusual at all. I have had that happen many times on my Droid prior to 2.1.

OP
H

hashsi99

Reaction score
really?? Oh okay then, nevermind. lol.

I guess i never checked. Will they eventually send a reminder?

JimmyD

Reaction score
Is is possible that you simply cleared your notifications without updating some of those apps?

I have 3 updates waiting for me in the market that I was notified about this morning. I then cleared my notifications this morning without updating. I do not believe I will be re-notified about those 3 updates. When I go into the Market (then Menu, then Downloads), it still shows I have those 3 updates waiting for me.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
really?? Oh okay then, nevermind. lol.

I guess i never checked. Will they eventually send a reminder?

Haven't you ever noticed that someone will post about an update being available but you haven't been notified yet? Well, if you go to your downloads you will see it. That's all it is.:)

OP
H

hashsi99

Reaction score
Is is possible that you simply cleared your notifications without updating some of those apps?

I have 3 updates waiting for me in the market that I was notified about this morning. I then cleared my notifications this morning without updating. I do not believe I will be re-notified about those 3 updates. When I go into the Market (then Menu, then Downloads), it still shows I have those 3 updates waiting for me.

i'm 100% positive i didn't clear them. I'm really "picky" about notifications, lol.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Yeah I don't even pay attention to the update notifications, I just go to Market and Downloads and check that way, gives me a chance to look up other potential downloads while I'm at it so it's not a complete waste of time either way. Anyone know if checkin actually does anything? For those of you who don't know, you can type *#*#2432546#*#* and you'll get a checkin successful notification.

OP
H

hashsi99

Reaction score
Could the Google earth problem be because I deleted the update.zip offof my SD card?

RoNYC

Reaction score
Factory reset???? please elaborate (noobie)

J5.

Reaction score
Factory reset???? please elaborate (noobie)

Settings > Privacy > Factory data reset

Be careful if ur going to try an do this because it will do exactly what it says and erase all data on the phone.... make sure ur synced with google to restore all ur contacts an other info....

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Forget that. Not worth it for an app I'll likely never use. Google Maps ftw! :)

It's not a big deal to do a factory reset. All your apps return and all you need to do is sign back into Google.

You may lose apps that you installed as .apk files.