I REALLY REALLY need help!!..can anyone PLEASE help me unroot my Pro?!

Stephinee

Reaction score
Hi I rooted my Pro using Petes Motorola Tools, but now I need to update & can not unroot it. I have tried every single thing that I found on forums & everywhere else I could find anything. I am a total newbie & dont understand some of the instructions, things like, what ADB is & creating a new folder etc...The error msg I keep getting is:
"Error:/restore/backup doesnt exist or is incomplete!
These files must be downloaded & saved to your computer in a /restore/subfolder.
Download links can be found in the help menu in this program"
But when I click the link it brings me to "Fileserve" which makes no sense to me, it basically looks like Im being asked to buy "fileserve". I assumed it would open & download the files, but it doesnt...I would really appreciate any help, Im so lost. Thank you

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Do a search for "droid pro sbf". That will get you the new files you need to restore your phone to an unrooted state. There should also be instructions in the same post about how to do it. Btw, do the search on google, it's much more accurate. Good luck!

This post is Incredible 2!

djspy

Reaction score
I use this guide to unroot my RAZR then for extra safety/peace of mind I do a factory data reset.

[video=youtube;vYz4E9nO2kM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYz4E9nO2kM[/video]

OP
S

Stephinee

Reaction score
Almost there (I think)

Thank you for the responses, I really appreciate the help...I downloaded the backup root, I definitely dont want to permanently lose root, I just want to install the update & reroot. I wouldn't even bother with a minor update but it tweeks a few issues that Im having with my Pro.....But when I try to unroot it now, it says:

You are missing ADB.EXE which was packaged with this program.
Make sure that you extract all files with this one click root package.

I have no idea what that means...Can anyone tell me what that is & how I go about getting it done? Again, I appreciate any help at all...Thank you :question:

badcat

Reaction score
You may have downloaded the wrong version. You can get it directly to your phone via The Market aka, Google Play. I believe ADB is only required if you are trying to install it from a pc. Just go to the Google Play app on your phone, search on OTA rootkeeper and install it directly from there.

JohnS

Reaction score
I definitely dont want to permanently lose root, I just want to install the update & reroot.

My experience is that the OTA updates have been changed and do not work anymore on rooted phones.

If you have modified the bootrom (clockworkmod etc) the OTA will probably not work. It would need to be restored to factory first.

If you have not modified the bootrom, you can use OTA Rootkeeper to install the update. First backup root, then use the Temporary unroot feature.

After the update, use it to restore root.

mattjenn

Reaction score
i have a droid pro and i unrooted with pete's motorola tools