Can't unroot using petes tool

bulrok420

Reaction score
I have a droid 3 and i have been trying to unroot using petes unroot tools. I am new to rooting, pretty much did it to take screen shots. It keeps saying that I need to create a subfolder \restore\ . I have downloaded the links he provides for a restore but it never gives me the option to browse for the files in which to use. I have created folders on my desktop and made subfolder with proper name but no luck.. any help would go along way as I haven't received any of the ota updates. Thanks again for any help.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
B

bulrok420

Reaction score
Yes.. I rooted it with super one click I believe, but can't seem to get it to unroot. I don't think im savvy enough to try the sbf flash stuff... thanks for any advice.

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
Yes.. I rooted it with super one click I believe, but can't seem to get it to unroot. I don't think im savvy enough to try the sbf flash stuff... thanks for any advice.

Sbfing is super easy. Just download the file and rsd lite software plug up a fully charged phone to the computer in rsd mode and push start lol I have faith in you

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk

OP
B

bulrok420

Reaction score
That makes one of us..lol.. I have heard horror stories of bricked phones and whatnot... I will look into it tonight when I get off work. Ill. Keep you updated..(unlike my phone...lol).. thanks a million! !

nygrich

Reaction score
When it asked for folder select no. I think that's the question it asks for. There one part where I was stuck uprooting with Pete's tool n that's where I was stuck. Restore no

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
B

bulrok420

Reaction score
Ya. I remember it asking that question. It says I need to have the file in \restore\ sub file.. Ill give it another shot this evening.. thanks to all who have replied!.

seaniscrazy

Reaction score
Oh ya, did you delete any of the apps that came on phone? If you didn't, it's just asking you if you want to restore those, if you don't need to, just say no. But if you do need to, if i remember correctly (sorry, it's been awhile since I last unrooted) you just need to make a folder named restore and download the app data (i believe pete's tool gives you a link) and put it in the folder and then just put the folder into the same folder as the pete's tool exe.

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums