I ran Unrevoked 3.2.1 - now what?

gorwell

Reaction score
So I downloaded the required windows drivers, and ran Unrevoked without error. How do I know if my phone is now "unlocked"? How do I now uninstall crappy verizonware? I'm a total NOOB, and probably shouldn't be messing with this stuff. But my angst at footprints, citywhatever, and amazonmp3 using my processer is so great I can't help myself.

Can you help me?

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Best advice for a new user to root is to look in your apps and see if you see an app called superuser. As for the easiest way to remove bloatware I would dl a rom or use rom manager and flash it. All bloatware should be removed for you. Rom manager can be found in the market.

OP
G

gorwell

Reaction score
Any ROM recommendations?

Done, and done. Thank you. Now, do you have any ROM recommendations?

OP
G

gorwell

Reaction score
Ive got a HTC Incredible

Running 2.2

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There are plenty of options in rom manager. Depends if you like sense or would like to have more of a vanilla feel.

OP
G

gorwell

Reaction score
still bloated

I tried the skyrider 3.2 sense. Wiped my old ROM and put what looks like a clean install of OWN setup back on the phone - bloat and all. In settings / info it says I've got the skyrider software. Why do I still have that crap ware?

alonsou

Reaction score
Then I could suggest you to flash Ultimate droid 8 for DInc it will give you the option to delete any unwanted stock apps that pretty much dont work... I think you can do the same with CM6 but i have no idea if its available for the DInc

Sent from my Ultimate Droid using Tapatalk

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I tried the skyrider 3.2 sense. Wiped my old ROM and put what looks like a clean install of OWN setup back on the phone - bloat and all. In settings / info it says I've got the skyrider software. Why do I still have that crap ware?

Skyraider and most of the OTA based sense roms will still have some of the VZW bloat in them. You can remove them with some adb commands but some apps tie into others. If you are truly looking to get rid of the bloat I would recommend cm6(but make sure to use the test kernel) or Ruby. Both of which are AOSP builds and very nice at that. Ruby is a bit more simple as you don't need to flash the other kernel. Both of these can be found on Rom Manager.

OP
G

gorwell

Reaction score
How Bizarre

Thank you for all the info. I've had a bit of time to mess around with the Skyrider ROM and here are the problems I've encountered:

1. caller ID delivers incorrect info
2. Attempt to launch certain apps leads to launching wrong app. For example when I attempt to launch .Podcast., People launches instead. This happens no matter how I launch: from recently used, from "desktop" icon, or from application list.
3. I cannot get google talk to set up - though I think this may be due to it wanting to confirm by text and my having texting blocked.

I will try another ROM in a few hours, but would love to hear if I messed something up along the way.

dbu

Reaction score
Thank you for all the info. I've had a bit of time to mess around with the Skyrider ROM and here are the problems I've encountered:

1. caller ID delivers incorrect info
2. Attempt to launch certain apps leads to launching wrong app. For example when I attempt to launch .Podcast., People launches instead. This happens no matter how I launch: from recently used, from "desktop" icon, or from application list.
3. I cannot get google talk to set up - though I think this may be due to it wanting to confirm by text and my having texting blocked.

I will try another ROM in a few hours, but would love to hear if I messed something up along the way.

That's an odd issue. Did you make sure to wipe data and cache prior to flashing?

Not sent from under your mom's bed