I need some help installing an app...

Briankbl

Reaction score
Ok, yes, I'm unlocked and rooted. There is an app that I had prior called Omega Personal Assistant that worked on stock 4.0.2. Running a stock 4.0.4 now, and the app isn't listed in the market, not compatible with 4.0.4 yet. I'd like to try to install it anyway.

I tried using the trick for installing Google Wallet, where you trick the browser into opening a Market link to the app. I got to the correct page, but screen said incompatible with your device.

Then I tried to find the apk for the app on my OG Droid. I thought I had found it, ended in .apk, but the size was too small.

I'm out of ideas lol. Is this even possible or am I just wasting my time?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
The app was probably too small on your OG due to app2SD or some variation of it, or at least I am assuming. Try and make sure the app isn't installed on your sd card on your OG Droid.

You could alternatively make a backup of your current build on your Nexus, reflash a ROM where the app works (restore a nandroid if you made one). Download the app, make a backup of the app, then restore the backup.

OP
Briankbl

Briankbl

Reaction score
The app was probably too small on your OG due to app2SD or some variation of it, or at least I am assuming. Try and make sure the app isn't installed on your sd card on your OG Droid.

You could alternatively make a backup of your current build on your Nexus, reflash a ROM where the app works (restore a nandroid if you made one). Download the app, make a backup of the app, then restore the backup.

Yeah, it's not partitioned with A2SD. Also, to clarify a bit more, the only apk I could find for the app was in /data/app-private, I believe. Not in /data/app where most of my other apks are. Looks like my best bet is to do what you mentioned. Flash back to compatible rom and titanium backup that piece of **** lol. Thanks.