I need some help before installing a ROM...

OP
cadre.9

cadre.9

Reaction score
Guys, thank you all so much. I got the SBF. and ran RSD Lite just to verify that it saw everything. I didn't load the SBF. because I don't want to make any changes to the phone yet but now, at least, I understand the process.

I created my Nandroid backup and I'm doing the Titanium Pro backup as I type this. Sometime today or tomorrow I plan to try my first ROM.

You guys are amazing. I just want you all to know how much I appreciate your support and advice.

A couple of questions:

When would I need to do an SBF. as opposed to merely restoring via Nandroid?
To save space on my SD card is it advisable to move the backed up files to my computer or should they stay on the phone?

Thanks again.

cadre

Last edited:

Savagerun

Reaction score
Normally you wouldn't do an sbf unless you really screwed up like trying to install a froyo rom on gingerbread or the other way around. If you mess up bad enough that you can't get back into clockwork recovery to restore a nandroid then you would sbf. For the most part if your careful about what your doing and always ask first if your not sure about something you can avoid messing up bad enough to need to sbf. The good thing about doing an sbf is that it's very simple now.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

LoFi

Reaction score
Savagerun is right... And to answer your second question. Saving Nandroids to your computer is always a good idea if you want to save some space. The only down side to that is that you will only be able to restore when you're near your computer.

You can also save them to Dropbox, where you can access them from anywhere. The only issue with Dropbox is that you wil be uploading and downloading files around 1GB in size. If you do want to give Dropbox a try then I recommend using WiFi:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.dropbox.android

Sent from my DROIDX

Last edited:
OP
cadre.9

cadre.9

Reaction score
Thank you. Dropbox is a good idea. I'm down to about a gig of space there but I can always get more.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums