I need my Droid 1 to be able to pick up FM transmissions.

Jer

Reaction score
I know this has been discussed and most suggestions are for apps that get stations over the internet using data connect. My gym has TVs with various different channels being shown and they broadcast the sound for particular stations over an FM transmitter. So I don't need something that can pick up a station miles away or access one via the internet... I need something that enables the modulator onboard the Droid already. The threads I found say something like it has it and devs have even been able to lock radio stations but the audio is the issue since Moto uses proprietary audio for it or something.

So, is there anything I can download that can get FM reception? Doesn't even need to be any top performing program as far as reception goes either.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
No ones been able to get it to work.....No One.

OP
Jer

Jer

Reaction score
No ones been able to get it to work.....No One.

I didn't think so but figured it was worth a shot. Seems if the hardware was there originally it wouldn't be too tough to get it working but I guess not.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
It's a driver issue. IIRC.

naman919

Reaction score
Sidenote: check out the sansa clip+

Cheap. fm receiver. expansion micro sd slot. simple. cheap. light. tiny. perfect.

I've had mine for six months and it's perfect. I tried too, to get news on the fm receiver, but not gonna happen. officially a dead end.

It turns out that the component is lacking an antennae and nothing short of soldering iron is going to make one available. Nothing is connected to the fm receiver.

Sansa Clip+ filled my gym gap. Plus, then no sweat all over your D1!

Long story short, gonna have to use something else.