I need an app to control my phone from my PC

jphccfc

Reaction score
Does anyone know of such an app that lets you control you phone screen using a pc so i can demo my phone browser over a projector?

djrakun

Reaction score
Hmm, interesting concept. You mean you want to control your phone from your pc AND display your UI from the phone on a projector (connected to your pc I'm assuming, correct me if you have an htc evo or something with an hdmi out). I think what you would need is a remote access server running on your phone, like windows terminal services. Any app I've ever seen for remote access has been a client, I.e. vnc viewer or something that let's the phone control the pc, not v a v.

I'll browse the market and report if I find anything. Porting vncserver to the droid should be feasible as it is widely supported on linux distros

OP
J

jphccfc

Reaction score
Thanks Dj, unfortunatley i dont have an evo i have the milestone

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I think there are some developer tools to do this, for any android device, but I have never hunted them out myself. Might want to look into that.

coondogg97

Reaction score
got this to work Droid@Screen : RiboComments and i must say its pretty slick!!!

Thanks Everyone

Did you have to do anything special for the program to recognize your phone? I have everything downloaded and installed. The path for the adb file I am using is:

C:\android-sdk_r06-windows\android-sdk-windows\tools\adb.exe

I am getting no errors when I launch the Java App, my Droid just isnt showing up as a device to select.

Thanks

djrakun

Reaction score
another alternative is, if you are doing a presentation, you dont need your actions from the brower to be dynamically interactive. how about downloading a screen recorder app and transferring the video file of you demonstrating the browser to your pc?

djrakun

Reaction score
oh wow, i got android screencast working and it has better features than Droid@screen. you can change it to landscape mode with a right click and you can control the UI with the control buttons via the pc. you can record the screen capture, enter url's for the browser to follow ( prob relevant to your demonstration) and explore the file system of the device. Really impressive

djrakun

Reaction score
oh, both of these require the android sdk if anyone is having trouble using them. make sure the adb.exe (debugging bridge) is running and you have usb debugging turned on in your android applications settings menu

coondogg97

Reaction score
oh wow, i got android screencast working and it has better features than Droid@screen. you can change it to landscape mode with a right click and you can control the UI with the control buttons via the pc. you can record the screen capture, enter url's for the browser to follow ( prob relevant to your demonstration) and explore the file system of the device. Really impressive

ScreenCast isnt showing my device either:

7152010112036am.png

Last edited:

djrakun

Reaction score
It's not the java apps I don't think, but the android sdk that isn't recognizing your device. Can you mount your sd card from within your phone? Did you download the motorola usb drivers?

Ps sorry for the dumbass questions. I see you're nearing 300 posts so I'm sure you know how to use the bridge...

beachboy2012

Reaction score
What you need to do is installing your device driver to recognize your phone. Once you install device driver, your "adb devices" should return proper device ID and from there you can launch screencast to view your UI on your PC.