I need a new teather app

tmal2

Reaction score
I just updated my Razr Maxx to Jelly Bean and lost the use of Foxfi (which I knew would happen). I'm looking for suggestions for a new app so I can once again have wireless tethering. Anyone have any suggestions for my non rooted Maxx?

Thanks

MadMaxx

Reaction score
Hello... I just upgraded to Jelly Bean and lost my ability to tether via USB also. Then I down loaded Foxfi app on phone + down load the file for PC - Version 4.01 installer for Windows 8/7/Vista/XP (both 32/64bit) Download PdaNet+...

Tethering now works via USB.

Redsnk95

Reaction score
You can bluetoother tether with PDANet and USB.

Question is...are you wanting to tether bia Bluetooth or USB....or have your phone act as the WiFi hot spot? If the latter then you will need to root and use an app.

Reaction score
You can bluetoother tether with PDANet and USB.

Question is...are you wanting to tether bia Bluetooth or USB....or have your phone act as the WiFi hot spot? If the latter then you will need to root and use an app.
The classic Wireless Tether that requires root works fine with JB, right?

vankemp

Reaction score
I have tried both foxfi and pdanet, and neither of these work for usb or bluetooth tethering -- I have not rooted, and this might be my last resort option, unless someone has a better app or idea. I am open to either USB or Bluetooth.. I do NOT want to give up my grandfathered unlimited data w/verizon.

"UPDATE"

Ooops.. I did not realize I needed to download the desktop app for pdanet to work. Sice I have done this, Im in business!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes, if referring to the one by Mueller. That is what I use.
Yeah that's the one. I have it working, but every once in a while I lose connectivity and the data transfer animation shows upload happening and that's it. The internet connection through tether gets dropped (not the connection to the phone, but the connection to the internet). Sometimes if given long enough, it recovers, but usually I have to enter airplane mode then come out, and it will work again for a while.