I love my Droid 3, but...........

kf4qhk

Reaction score
Hey guys.

I have the Droid 3, and have had it for about 3 months.

It's great...........except.........

The battery stinks. It may be time for another one. (Recommendations? I have a truck mount that I want to be able to use.)

It's slow at times. I have read about Bloatware, but don't know what the bloatware is, nor how to remove it.

I wish I could find a good, intuitive, big keyboard.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Jeremy

fxwrangler

Reaction score
Hey guys.

I have the Droid 3, and have had it for about 3 months.

It's great...........except.........

The battery stinks. It may be time for another one. (Recommendations? I have a truck mount that I want to be able to use.)

It's slow at times. I have read about Bloatware, but don't know what the bloatware is, nor how to remove it.

I wish I could find a good, intuitive, big keyboard.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Jeremy
The best thing you could do for battery life is research putting a custom Rom on that phone. I would recommend Minimoto 1.7. Best battery life Ive Found. You will need to root the phone to install any Rom. Then look for SafeStrap. SafeStrap is a Custom Recovery for the Droids. It saves your system Factory Rom and then you switch over to SafeMode. That is where you would install the Roms from that point. There is way to much detail for me to go into here, but there is a ton of info on this site and XDA about this phone. Also a good Dev to follow is Hashcode0f on Twitter. You will get a wealth of info from him. Oh, and the Rom I was talking about will be Bloatware free. Bloatware is the "junk" that comes preinstalled on our phones that we really dont want on there to begin with. Hope this helps.dancedroid

OP
K

kf4qhk

Reaction score
Thanks for the answer.

Here's what I do with my phone.

Calls, text, email, facebook, an occasional video, GPS, and I do use the Scan option a lot.

How is the user functionality different on a rooted device as opposed to a new one?

Thanks!

Jeremy