I know this is impossible, but I'm going to do it.

nerdkill

Reaction score
every time i'm in my car i stare at my stupid stereo that's only use is the aux plug (i have a a2db adapter for it). i have no use for this dinosaur, fm radio is un-listenable and am radio is just angry garbage, cd's scratch. i listen to sirius radio (howard stern) that i get through my droid, podcasts, rhapsody, and music on my sd card. ALL of my media in my car comes from my droid. all of my media comes through a2db so here is what i want.

i want an a2db receiver that goes out to all of my speakers. it could be anywhere in the car being that it's a bluetooth receiver. then i want to make a custom mount for a tablet that will go where my old double din is. (that's the easy part.

then i could have the car media interface that i actually want. my navigation, music, apps, etc.

i would also need some kind of app that turns it off when the key is turned off and it would have to boot up super quick when the car starts. (some of those videos of droids booting in a second come to mind). also, the receiver would have to be able to deal with multiple blutooth connections because it would have to be able to connect to my phone and also the tablet.

i'm sure i'm going to get flamed because it's kind of out there, but is there any hope of something like this happening? i've done google searches trying to find a receiver that would do what i want and of course i can't find anything. BUT THERE HAS TO BE A WAY TO MAKE IT HAPPEN. any ideas other than how big of a dumb dumb i am?

Yakuzagang5

Reaction score
If you have the coding know-how, mechanical/electrical know-how, and lots and lots of time, it is of course POSSIBLE, but idk how FEASIBLE it is lol...

harrellj

Reaction score
You might find it easier to look up some of the stuff out for CarPCs, which aren't exactly what you want but would be able to give you Pandora/streaming radio and with something like iSyncr or some other method of synchronizing files (ad-hoc wireless maybe?) you could have it store music for you too.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
jeeps have hooked up an amp and speaker to an ipod one time, no stereo. I didn't understand it since their argument was crooks taking their stuff (head units) and water ruining the head units. An amp, to me, is also something that ruins in the rain/mud plus theifs NEVER take amps, do they. /sarcasm

Personally, I have removed my jeeps radio for the same reasons you hate yours. Plus, I didn't have an AUX input on my old CD player. On top of that, my speakers are shot and I'm hard of hearing, so even if the speakers weren't blown, I wouldn't be able to hear it at 65 mph and no doors. I put my CB in the DIN spot and I simply listen to music, radio, whatever, through my droid and use bluetooth stereo earpiece (goes in both ears)