I downloaded barcode scanner is this shopsavvy?

droidx2010

Reaction score
I downloaded a barcode scanner & it only seems to read the android download barcodes & nothing else. When I point it at a barcode from the store, nothing happens. The app just keeps focusing & unfocusing w/ green dots appearing.

I can't find a download for "shop savvy" for some reason. Do I have one of the same?

OP
D

droidx2010

Reaction score
Do you mean ShopSavvy, like at ShopSavvy Barcode Scanner v3.6.6 Application for Android | Shopping? I have that and Barcode Scanner Barcode Scanner v3.4 Application for Android | Shopping. I've scanned items with Barcode Scanner and it finds them for me on the Internet (it also scans the QR code on Androlib.com)
I used the ShopSavvy & I thought it searches for other stores that have the product scanned w/ the location & price of item.
I scanned a common item I had at my house & it said no other areas had the product. Why's that? It was Heinz catchup.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I scanned a book just now with ShopSavvy and it gave me 19 places to get it. Try it on something like that.

Last edited:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Barcode scanner here as well, I was in best buy the other day and they had bar codes you can scan to get more info on products. Worked great. I have scanned many other bar codes and it found them on the internet just fine. Also the installing of apps is sweet.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
A long time ago I was in Borders and was one of the first times I had access to WiFi. I scanned a book with Shopsavvy and it said no network access. I turned off WiFi and scanned again. This time I got several places with varying prices. I learned then that not all WiFi is created equal.

ShopSavvy also works good if you photograph the cover of a book.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
When i first DLed Barcode Scanner, I scanned everything in my pantry just to test. I learned the warehouse club sized coffee is expensive to buy online... so it definitely scans more than QR codes.

Guyute

Reaction score
Saw a jawbone in the mall at Radio Shack, it was $89.oo, scanned it and found it online for $47.00 so yes it is useful.

OP
D

droidx2010

Reaction score
Saw a jawbone in the mall at Radio Shack, it was $89.oo, scanned it and found it online for $47.00 so yes it is useful.
I scanned a loaf of Wonder Bread at my grocery store & it said it was a back pack selling for $19 on Amazon.com. What kind of crapola is that. Time to uninstall shopsavvy.

Guyute

Reaction score
I scanned a loaf of Wonder Bread at my grocery store & it said it was a back pack selling for $19 on Amazon.com. What kind of crapola is that. Time to uninstall shopsavvy.

I use barcode scanner not shopsavvy, and why would you scan Wonder bread? I use it for slightly larger ticket items than a loaf of bread.

Reaction score

I use barcode scanner not shopsavvy, and why would you scan Wonder bread? I use it for slightly larger ticket items than a loaf of bread.

I stopped using ShopSavvy because it was using the GPS at random times, for no reason, when I wasn't even running it.

I do not like that.

OP
D

droidx2010

Reaction score

My 1st time using it & wanted to send it through a "test drive". If it's called Shop"Savvy", it should give you good results regardless of what ticket item it is.
I did staple items like Heinz Ketchup, got no results. It said there were no other place that carried it.

Guyute

Reaction score

My 1st time using it & wanted to send it through a "test drive". If it's called Shop"Savvy", it should give you good results regardless of what ticket item it is.
I did staple items like Heinz Ketchup, got no results. It said there were no other place that carried it.

Like I said I don't use shopsavvy, I use barcode scanner, not the same app.

Just for grins I scanned the Heinz Ketchup in my fridge and it worked. Try barcode scanner. Then again the top result was Amazon. I don't buy my ketchup online so that's why I would not scan a loaf of bread or ketchup. Now a jawbone online that's almost half the price of radio shack at the mall, that's worth scanning.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
D

droidx2010

Reaction score

Like I said I don't use shopsavvy, I use barcode scanner, not the same app.

Just for grins I scanned the Heinz Ketchup in my fridge and it worked. Try barcode scanner. Then again the top result was Amazon. I don't buy my ketchup online so that's why I would not scan a loaf of bread or ketchup. Now a jawbone online that's almost half the price of radio shack at the mall, that's worth scanning.
I wouldn't buy anything from Amazon. It's not worth it.

Last edited by a moderator: