'I-Cal'-like bluetooth accessory and inventory software

PrymalDark

Reaction score
Hello all,

This may fit either here in accessories, or over in applications. I would like to modify a Belkin N52 gaming keypad to utilize bluetooth to connect to my Maxx. I would like to do this to use it as a touch only keypad for an inventory application that may or may not need to be developed.

Basically, I would like to be able to hang the keypad from my belt, and enter inventory information as I count. I use the N52 already for gaming, and thought that its programmable onboard memory would make it an ideal candidate, assuming that it can be hacked together to work over bluetooth.

I would like the application to allow me to enter a plu/sku, then a count. Said application would store this, or add to the existing count if applicable, and be capable of exporting the information in some type of spreadsheet format. Perhaps even a bluetooth/wifi/email sync to allow, for example, an employee to send count information to the manager.

Anyone have suggestions or tips pertinent to this topic? Perhaps even recommendations of existing hardware or applications with similar functionality? Advice on hacking a wireless transceiver onto a USB keyboard?

Thanks for any consideration you may give the topic.
Prymal'Dark