I Bricked My Incredible..

iammclovin804

Reaction score
Ok, so I have no idea exactly how I did it, but I did. I know I had MIUI installed and then I went and wiped data+cache, go to install a new rom and i get an E:Failure at line 4 installation aborted. Well I didn't know what that meant so I just went to restore my backup I made. That ended in being stuck at the Incredible splash screen. I reformatted my sd card, cleared data from hboot menu, tried formatting everything else I could possibly format and I still get installation aborted errors when I try to install a new rom. Whenever I boot up now it just takes me directly to recovery. Oh, and instead of getting errors at E: line 4, they're at line 7 now. I couldn't find anything that helped with this issue and I really need this phone back up and running. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Look for Doug_piston and enlightened...if anyone can help, its them! Good luck!!

DroidForums Junkie!!

tweebee

Incredible RS
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

blnko6

Reaction score
I guess im gonna need help too. i just rooted my incredible and was running twopionttwo rom fine then i when to flash a themed launcher pro he has and it just in boot loops.
omg i had the hardest time rooting it and now this ...
thanks

OP
I

iammclovin804

Reaction score

blnko6

Reaction score
hey iam, have you found anything about a fix ? i been online for hours and cant figure it out.
Download this file, http://dougpiston.com/files/Recovery/recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.2-inc_PB31IMG.zip. Rename it to PB31IMG and place it on the root of your card, then boot your phone with Vol Down + Power to flash it thru Hboot.

Make sure your card is formatted to FAT32. And then download a new ROM to flash. Redemption is a good ROM to use.

well it updated fine from hboot but when i went to install the rom i got an error at line 6. i was optimistic too.

OP
I

iammclovin804

Reaction score
hey iam, have you found anything about a fix ? i been online for hours and cant figure it out.
Download this file, http://dougpiston.com/files/Recovery/recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.2-inc_PB31IMG.zip. Rename it to PB31IMG and place it on the root of your card, then boot your phone with Vol Down + Power to flash it thru Hboot.

Make sure your card is formatted to FAT32. And then download a new ROM to flash. Redemption is a good ROM to use.

well it updated fine from hboot but when i went to install the rom i got an error at line 6. i was optimistic too.

ok I got it up and running again. I posted this same question on xda and got my answer there.
The ultimate "get back to stock" thread. - xda-developers
I used part 2 of the instructions and it worked beautifully. Thank you all for trying to help here though.

blnko6

Reaction score

ok I got it up and running again. I posted this same question on xda and got my answer there.
The ultimate "get back to stock" thread. - xda-developers
I used part 2 of the instructions and it worked beautifully. Thank you all for trying to help here though.

you had to unroot ?

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Part 2 of the instructions are the same as the unrooting tutorial you will find here (link in sig). :) Blnk, what ROMs are you trying? If MIUI, what version?

blnko6

Reaction score
Part 2 of the instructions are the same as the unrooting tutorial you will find here (link in sig). :) Blnk, what ROMs are you trying? If MIUI, what version?
how can i unroot if my clockwork doesnt seem to be working, cant choose any options out of clockwork, it just stays on a back screen and it i hit the power button it takes me back to clockwork options.

tweebee

Incredible RS
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Did you update your recovery as posted in my previous post?