I am tntc.tig, and I own a Droid.

tntc.tig

Reaction score
Hi there! I'm a geek from CT, I own a Moto Droid, and I am now invading your forums. I'm in college as a CS major, and I know a fair bit about computers, a wee bit about cell phones, and a whole lot about fixing problems. I'm looking to write some code for the Android platform at some point. Python is my language of choice, but I certainly know how to deal with the whole Java thing. I look forward to helping out on the forums, testing out new stuff, and writing apps for this AWESOME platform.

On a side note, I see a lot of IM platforms in the profile, but I didn't see Google Talk on there! We're talking about Android and Google Talk isn't an IM option on the profile? What gives?!

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
On a side note, I see a lot of IM platforms in the profile, but I didn't see Google Talk on there! We're talking about Android and Google Talk isn't an IM option on the profile? What gives?!

Welcome tntc.tig. Glad to have you aboard. You'll find no problem with finding programs that people want/need.

I do agree that it's odd to not include GTalk, but to be honest I hardly ever use it. And my chat clients all login to all my chats so it doesn't really matter. But your right, it should be an option, lol.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forums! Nice to have you. :icon_ peace:
Good point on the Google Talk not being on the Instant Messaging list on the forums... didn't notice that :icon_eek:

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
wait what? i have google talk.. it's in the market i guess.

welcome to the machine!

OP
T

tntc.tig

Reaction score
WOW! What a warm welcome for 1:00 AM! Thanks guys :) I'm liking this forum already!

I meant in my forum profile! GTalk is on my phone, but I can't put my GTalk contact info in the default profile IM location.

I'd just like to say, I work with a bunch of iPhone users, and they're about half of them are kicking themselves for locking themselves into a contract with AT&T now. They're mostly computer nerds like me, and they seem to think the Droid blows their iPhone right out of the water :)

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
WOW! What a warm welcome for 1:00 AM! Thanks guys :) I'm liking this forum already!

I meant in my forum profile! GTalk is on my phone, but I can't put my GTalk contact info in the default profile IM location.

ah.. i misread that.. ;) i'll see if we can get it added. thanks!