I am getting bored

Reaction score
So I have had the incredible for about 20 days now. I am getting bored with the useless and sometimes entertaining apps. Is there any REAL apps out there?

Here are some I have so far:

Shazam
Google Goggles
Fandango
Live Scores
Facebook
Softrace
Photobucket
Amazon
Pandora
Google Sky
Google Earth
The Weather Channel

SamTHorn

Reaction score
I didn't even know about a couple of those Thanks for sharing.

Cheers.

Cobraxxx

Reaction score
Try these apps
Google Earth
Zedge (download free ringstones and wallpapers)
Ringdroid (make your own ringtones with your own tracks)
Air Horn (horn noises, I hook it up to my radio on long trips and wake everyone up with loud horn noises, now that's fun, lol)

Colordroid (nice game to match color on certain amount of moves)
First aid (lots and lots of tips on what to do with minor cut or illnesses)
FML (read FML articles from people)
GPS Speedo (shows the speed you are traveling at)
Labyrinth Lite (fun game where your phone has to move around in order to play)

Movies (check latest movies, trailer, what's playing at your local theater)
Pinball (Pinball game of course)
Scanner radio (listen to the cops channel)
Save MMS (colect and save all the mms pictures you have received)
Sex Trivia (fun sex facts)
Shop Savvy (scan products at your store and learn what they sell for at other store around you and online)

Tic tac toe
Pac man
Tone Picker (Choose tones from android system or ringdroid or Zedge)
Traffic Jam (fun puzzle game)
Where (great app for weather, movies, etc, etc)
USA Facts (learn about USA facts, lol)
Where Am I (get the exact address of where you are standing, helps a lot when you need to give an address to someone)

Where's my droid (Gps your phone thru a text messages whenever you lose it or gets stolen, and a message to make it ring even if its on silence so you can find it when misplaced.

Lookout (back up contacts, pictures (yes, pictures), gps phone, make it ring when misplace, all done online from lookout.com (and its free), can't remember what else it does since I installed it yesterday).

Hope this brings more life to your phone, because in my case, I just cant get enough out of my Incredible, its just so much fun to compare it to my Iphone friends and always look better than them, lol.

fallofshadows

Reaction score
Wow, thanks for posting that Lookout app, I'm installing it now, it looks really useful.

If you're interested in games, I def recommend Coloroid and Alchemy, I'm hooked on those games right now.

If you use facebook chat or AIM a lot, I'd give eBuddy a try, it allows you to sign on and use your phone to IM on those services. It also does this as data, so you don't get charged for text messages, if you don't have unlimited.

Finally, the apps that I consider on the very useful side.

-Brightness (widget to control brightness. Choose from 0, 25, 50, 75, or 100% brightness, as well as has a slidy bar to choose anything else.)
-Battery Life (shows a more precise measurement of how much juice you still have)
-Sound Manager (control every sound your phone makes [well, as far as volume goes] from this one screen. It also controls vibration, useful for those people whose phones have stopped vibrating upon notifications.)
-ConvertPad (unit converter, with sooo much to choose from. Useful for anyone converting anything.)
-My Verizon (supplied by verizon. Pay your bill from your phone, check your usage, etc.)

I hope those help!

shadow man

Reaction score
As far as useful apps go, I've found:
Advanced ruler pro: lets you measure distances and height through the camera
Astro: lets you see whats on your card
Launcher Pro: a different home screen UI
Home Switcher: for switching between Sense and whatever else
App Launcher: sits in your notification bar so you can open the apps you choose at any time.
Coupons: coupons...they save you money.
I'm a bit of a photog, and there's cool apps for that too.

Riddlin

Reaction score
Places is cool.

Goby is useful.

Groupon if your a coupon person.

Engadget is good for tech stuff.

Fox News

NFL Mobile

AppBrain (is a must have)

Robo Defense is awesome

Air Horn is great for annoying people

Phonebook 2.0 is a nice upgrade on the incrdible.

These are the apps that rock for me.

Tominator

Reaction score
i got bored of my INC when i found out it cant do 3d gaming well. It has a horrid GPU. So all the cool games like NFS shift and the gameloft games wont run good at all. Sucks :(

OP
B
Reaction score
Wow and that is one I was wanting to get. I can still take this back and get the droid but after investing 50 bucks in the clear screen case and all I do not think i want to.

Tominator

Reaction score
yeah the biggest let down was the use of a very weak and old GPU...that cant do anything even close to what the moto droid or droid X can do in terms of gaming. the fillrate of the ADRENO 200 gpu in the INC is horrible. So thats why it got boring to me fast. I would take it back in a heartbeat for the droid X cuz it has the powervr sgx 530 gpu even higher clocked now. So be bored! lol

lizm

Reaction score
So I have had the incredible for about 20 days now. I am getting bored with the useless and sometimes entertaining apps. Is there any REAL apps out there?

Appbrain is not only a cool way to manage apps, it also has good suggestions for new ones.

Last edited:

EdisonCheug

Reaction score
yep, for me, there're some useless apps indeed.
but perhaps it is useful for other guys.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score

Here are some I have so far:

Shazam
Google Goggles
Fandango
Live Scores
Facebook
Softrace
Photobucket
Amazon
Pandora
Google Sky
Google Earth
The Weather Channel
have you tried slacker radio, I like it better than Pandora.