Huawei Also Unveils Their 6.1-Inch Phablet, the Ascend Mate

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
huawei-ascend-mate-6-inch-phablet.jpg

Picture comes from SlashGear

Huawei also shared their other product that we have heard rumors about previously. This one wants to appeal to folks who either have descended from a race of giants, or folks who simply need a tablet that can act as a phone. It's the Ascend Mate, which is the 6.1-inch smartphone/phablet that we marveled from the rumor-mill lat last year. Here's the spec breakdown for this mutant device:
  • 6.1-inch 1280 x 720p HD IPS display
  • Dimensions of 163.5 mm x 85.7 mm x 9.9 mm (6.5 inches x 3.4 inches x 0.4 inches)
  • Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
  • Huawei’s own in-house 1.5 GHz quad-core Hi-Silicon K3V2 + Intel XMM6260 processor (Ascend D was K3V1)
  • 4050 mAh charge for all day battery life, and 9 days of suggested standby time
  • Weights 198g
  • 1GB of RAM
  • 16GB of internal storage
  • 8 megapixel AF camera with full 1080p video and HDR capabilities
  • UI overlay called "Emotion UI." 100 online themes, but less is more ideas for the widgets. Also features face-recognition.
  • Features stereo recording.
  • The batteries charge faster, up to 25% less time compared to Android counterparts.
  • Automated Discontinuous Reception (ADRX) which helps achieve a 30% power savings.
  • "Magic touch" which allows use of the screen while wearing gloves.
We aren't sure what to make of this one, but we suspect there is a market out there for an "all-in-one" device like this. Share your thoughts.

Source: PhoneArena

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
All the Big Boys have 2GB of RAM now. I wonder how that CPU runs though. I thought the Note 2 was Big, this one may be a little excessive. I'd like to see side by side views next to its competitors.

bigdad63

Reaction score
just when you think on screen buttons couldn't be any uglier....

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Here is a video

[video=youtube;qcDO6hEPuAs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcDO6hEPuAs[/video]