HTC's Early 2017 Lineup Could Be Codenamed Ocean

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Earlier and HTC designer uploaded a concept video of a device named HTC Ocean. HTC quickly made the designer pull down the video and denied that it was accurate. The video mentions the device will have "Sense Touch" which seems to be a pressure sensitive display technology. It also looks like Google will be heavily integrating Google Now into the functionality of the device.

The device in question looks very similar to what we have already seen with HTC's design language. Codenames for this device and others have surfaced. Ocean Master, Ocean Note, and Ocean Smart are all devices HTC may be working on. We may see these in early 2017 or the could be vapor ware.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I'm definitely interested in the device, and if you want to hear what PC747, Jonny Kansas and I I feel about it given what we've seen so far, go to DroidForums.net Podcast: 9/26/16 and listen to our most recent DroidForums.net live Podcast. You'll hear about the Ocean in its three suggested iterations, and lots of great info about several other hot topics.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I don't think it's pressure sensitive after watching that video. More like the edges are touch controls much like the slider input on the Gear VR. Kind of cool...different...