HTC Thunderbolt $250 w/ contract at BestBuy

jbg25

Reaction score
HTC Thunderbolt $250 w/ contract at BestBuy and may already be rooted

seems we finally have an answer

Gizmodo, the Gadget Guide

Now if they can release it this month...I think I will have to jump...then use my wifes upgrade this summer or fall for the next generation of dual cores

edit:

Better yet it may still hit BestBuy on the 14th AND a prototype has already been rooted! So it could be easy to unlock.

HTC Thunderbolt exclusively hits Best Buy for $250 at launch, rooted prototype provides hope for easy unlock -- Engadget

Last edited:

cnmsales

Reaction score
Just called the local best buy and spoke w the mobile dept. He said they did not have them today and that the release date had been pushed back and had not been re-announced.

OP
J

jbg25

Reaction score
yeah...I figured that would be the case. but that article seemed to think there was a chance.

I figure the 28th for BB and March 14th for VZW

dajogejr

Reaction score
No way BB is getting this phone before VZW corporate owned stores.

coltzfan

Reaction score
Same price here....But the issue that we are having in my area is there will be NO 4G coverage until the end of 2013. Kinda sucks that Verizon is pushing the 4G phones like the TB, but atleast in my area, your still stuck with 3G.

metzor

Reaction score
yeah...I figured that would be the case. but that article seemed to think there was a chance.

I figure the 28th for BB and March 14th for VZW

A lot of people are saying BB will sell it before VZW. Doubtful. Best Buy only has 'retail exclusive' rights to the TB, meaning you can't go to Wal-Mart or a store like that to get it, just BB. It would still be available through VZW stores/website.

Source: my fiance works for BB.

cnmsales

Reaction score
Seperate question releated directly to 4g phones. If you get one of these 4g phones will you have to pay for a 4g plan or can you keep it with just 3g? Or is the pricing currently the same?

georgek

Reaction score
Seperate question releated directly to 4g phones. If you get one of these 4g phones will you have to pay for a 4g plan or can you keep it with just 3g? Or is the pricing currently the same?

Verizon hasn't said anything yet about 4g prices.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
J

jbg25

Reaction score
I was told yesterday when talking to someone at the VZW store.

The belief right now (before the official training) is that there are two possible options...assuming they do not announce the 4G pricing before the TB releases.

1) for anyone that signs the contract before the announcement...4g will cost the same as 3g...so you wont care.

2) they will let you sign the contract and get the TB with a 3G only contract, and will then call you when the 4g pricing is announced and let you upgrade then.

Again....this is coming from a guy I trust...but he admitted they have not had the official training. So this is just a well educated guess.

OP
J

jbg25

Reaction score
Guy I spoke with at VZW today said the 24th is set for both VZW stores and BB.

subsidized price as we all know is $350....he said there will be a $140 rebate for a 2 year contract and a $70 rebate for 1 year.

also he confirmed that the unlimited 4G pricing will be the same as the 3G pricing for the time being...but said that he would not be surprised if by the end of the year they went to tiered....and eliminated the unlimited all together.

he also hinted to get used to having the "big phone" release staggered like they have been from now on. Saying TB will be this month...DX2 should be next month...did not know what would be after that...but said Bionic would be May the earliest.