HTC Sense v. Other Launchers

tituswife

Reaction score
Lately, when I use different apps at the same time, the phone locks up and/ or when I return to the home screen, I get the white HTC screen, and I have to wait for the home screen to load.

If I used another launcher, would the problem be alleviated, or would it exacerbate it?

Thank you.

Sent from my stock Thunderbolt using Slide It keyboard

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Lately, when I use different apps at the same time, the phone locks up and/ or when I return to the home screen, I get the white HTC screen, and I have to wait for the home screen to load.

If I used another launcher, would the problem be alleviated, or would it exacerbate it?

Thank you.

No it will definitely fix it. Other launchers run over Sense, but Sense won't technically run thus not getting the error. However, you will lose the customization and widgets of Sense, since (heh) most launchers run from good ol' AOSP.

OP
tituswife

tituswife

Reaction score
Thank you for that information! Any suggestions for launchers? I saw Rabbit Launcher on Drippler, which looked fun. Anyone out there tried it?

armeddroid

Reaction score
GO Launcher EX is my favorite. I've tried all of them except TSP Shell which is $16 although I bought SPB Shell @ $15.
Go Launcher EX is free and probably the best all in one launcher.

OP
tituswife

tituswife

Reaction score
I'm setting up Go Launcher right now, and I like it!

One question: a soft touch on the Home button doesn't put up all the screens, so you can move around more quickly. Do you know if there's a way to do that?

armeddroid

Reaction score
Yep.
Menu>
Preferences>
Gestures>
First option says "Home Key Action".

You can designate your screen previews that way by home key.

I'm using Go Launcher EX Double Tap option for my screen previews.
Same screen if you want that option.
Hope this works for you.
:)

OP
tituswife

tituswife

Reaction score
Thank you so much!

This launcher is working so smoothly! I will probably never figure out all the variations, but it is fun.

Thanks, again. :)

armeddroid

Reaction score
No problem. There's alot of features, themes, widgets you can get. Many are free and quite a few that charge. But alot of options.

Just go to the Go Store via your menu button.

GrumpyJoe

Reaction score
I used go launcher ex for 3 months and my internet usage went from just over 2gigs to over 16 gigs a month. Not sure what happened but not to crazy about it. Deleted it at the beginning of this month to see if that was the real trouble.

OP
tituswife

tituswife

Reaction score
GrumpyJoe said:
I used go launcher ex for 3 months and my internet usage went from just over 2gigs to over 16 gigs a month. Not sure what happened but not to crazy about it. Deleted it at the beginning of this month to see if that was the real trouble.

That is strange. I have unlimited data, so that's not my first concern. Please keep us posted!

geoff5093

Reaction score
No idea why that happened, but I highly doubt it's because of GOLauncherEX. I've been running it for months and absolutely love it.

OP
tituswife

tituswife

Reaction score
An update: Really liking this launcher! Thanks to everyone who helped.