HTC ReZound shutting on and off, now no service

RookieWithDroid

Reaction score
Please help!!!

My ReZound this morning (after being plugged in all night and off) decided to turn on..and turn off. All on it's own. So I took the battery out and left it out for 45 mins or so. I put the battery back in and the phone stayed on. Now the best part comes...I have no service what so ever. I called verizon tech support and they were kind of useless. They said I should take the battery out and do a hard shut down, next was the fatory re-set, finally it was turn on airplane mode and then turn it off. STILL NO SERVICE.
I just got this phone 3 wks ago. Plus the silly thing wont talk to my laptop when I plug it in. I download the software from HTC's website and everything. I really don't want to wipe out the whole phone and start over again.

Does anyone have any ideas or ways to fix this???

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you make sure the back is full on and snug? The antennas are in the back cover. Also did you go into settings and ensure that mobile data is on?

OP
RookieWithDroid

RookieWithDroid

Reaction score
I checked the back again. Made sure it was on snug. Also it won't let me turn on the mobile data, the box isn't even there for me to check mark. It will let me connect to a wi-fi address though. Do I have to go get it wiped clean and start over?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Might be something up with your LTE SIM card. I would certainly take it in to Verizon to have them figure out if that's the problem. Don't wipe anything unless you absolutely have to.

Riserasta

Reaction score
I just got my Rezound just a month ago and the same thing is happening to me. Just started about a week ago. I have had to reset the phone twice. The phone on Saturday was just turn on and then turn off. couldn't get to any apps, main screeen -- nothing. It would just keep rebooting. So, again, had to do a factory reset.

Now I have so many times with no network connection. this will continue for awhile and then the phone is fine.

I don't get it. My old original Droid was much better than this phone...............at least i never had a problem wtih the phone/

STINGER

Reaction score
I just got my Rezound just a month ago and the same thing is happening to me. Just started about a week ago. I have had to reset the phone twice. The phone on Saturday was just turn on and then turn off. couldn't get to any apps, main screeen -- nothing. It would just keep rebooting. So, again, had to do a factory reset.

Now I have so many times with no network connection. this will continue for awhile and then the phone is fine.

I don't get it. My old original Droid was much better than this phone...............at least i never had a problem wtih the phone/

my phone is doing this too ............... started Monday night ............ on off on off on off all by itself with me not even touching it ............ had a good techie on the phone with Verizon walk me thru fixing ........ took a bit but worked flawless until tonight ............. now it is happening again ........ exact same thing on off on off on off all by itself .............. totally nutz ............. somebody has gotta know how to fix this for us come on ................ PLEASE .......... I basically have nada no phone nothing now

Riserasta

Reaction score
my phone is doing this too ............... started Monday night ............ on off on off on off all by itself with me not even touching it ............ had a good techie on the phone with Verizon walk me thru fixing ........ took a bit but worked flawless until tonight ............. now it is happening again ........ exact same thing on off on off on off all by itself .............. totally nutz ............. somebody has gotta know how to fix this for us come on ................ PLEASE .......... I basically have nada no phone nothing now

The only thing that Verizon could do for me was reset it. So, worked fine for about a week. NOW I have a NEW problem. When I am backing out of a program or finishing a phone call the phone instead of going to my home screen will go to the white HTC screen, then I get the little spinning circle like it is booting/loading and then I get my home screen.
The connection is worse now too. I will be in the Play Store and it will tell me that there is no network connection. When I try to go to an app same thing. This does not happen all the time just when it feels like it. This is when the phone is in the High Performance or the normal setting. It will show the phone toggleing between 4g and 3g. but of course, i have no connection.

Sometimes it works great.

Finally, called Verizon again. First Tech was a bit rude. Acted like I had no clue about smart phones etc. Told him that this phone is not old - had it just one month and that it has had to be reset twice already. Thankfully, he transfered me to the next level of tech support.

Now I have a refurbished phone coming. Frustrates me a bit. Paid good money for the phone only to end up getting a refurbished one a month later. Hopefully, this one works fine. I want to like this phone.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Both of you should probably exchange your phones. Riserasta, the loading/white screen you get after dropping out of an app is Sense crashing. Usually that's due to the phone being out of memory. ICS fixes that issue. The no network issue you both had is either due to network instability in your area, a fracked phone, or bad LTE SIM. Exchange any/all of the above, some combination will work.

Lastly Riserasta, NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER allow Verizon to send you a refurb within 30 days of a purchase. Your phone is still within the exchange period and you should take full advantage of it. Tell them(don't ask) to send you a brand new phone. Verizon is notorious for sending broken/damaged refurbs because they're not in fact refurbished. Take that last rant with a grain of salt, because for all I know the new phone will solve all of your issues...

andeejo

Reaction score
Mr Smith, I already posted a thread about my phone doing the restart thing about a week ago you gave me the same answer about sense crashing. I was hoping it was just a bad app. I deleted the app that would always do the phone restart when I backed out of it, but every once in awhile it will do it with with another app. Are you saying that ICS will fix this? Or do I need yet another refurbished phone?