HTC Rezound On AIO Wireless

realjet

Reaction score
When my contract is up with Verizon I am thinking about switching to AIO Wireless. It's a new prepaid using AT&T network. LTE is available in my area. Is there anything that I could do to use my Rezound with AIO?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
There are already a few threads on using the Rezound on GSM networks. Let's suffice it to say that there is a small amount of work involved and varying results. You'll need to be on at least 4.03.605.2 and the APN settings for the GSM network(And I believe you need to be rooted to change them.).

acejavelin

Reaction score
When my contract is up with Verizon I am thinking about switching to AIO Wireless. It's a new prepaid using AT&T network. LTE is available in my area. Is there anything that I could do to use my Rezound with AIO?
It is indeed possible, with a little work... I would recommend unlokcing and switching to a AOSP ROM (there are lots available and they are fairly simple to install), setting a few APN settings and pop in the SIM are all that is really required. Note that the Rezound does not support LTE on AT&T's network, the best you can do is HSPA+ but that seems to be hit and miss for people, some people get it and some don't (this might be due to the frequencies used in varying markets). Also, the radios for GSM in the Rezound do not seem as "polished" as the CDMA/LTE radios, so signal strength has been an issue for some people, others not so much.