HTC One Max to Launch Next Week

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
htc-one-max-launch-invitation-taiwan.jpg

The Wall Street Journal is reporting that the HTC One Max flagship phablet from HTC will officially launch next week on October 15th. They also re-confirmed earlier intel that the device will be coming with a rear fingerprint sensor. Some of the primary features touted for the device by the WSJ are as follows:
  • 5.9-inch display
  • Similar to the HTC One
  • Ultrapixel camera for better pictures in low-light
  • Blinkfeed, which integrates social media feeds into a single interface
Also, here's a few more potential specs gleaned from previous rumors,
  • Conflicting rumors on Quad-core Snapdragon 800 or 600 processor, or even the Snapdragon S4 Pro APQ8064 (1.7GHz, quad-core)
  • 2GB of RAM
  • Android 4.3 Jelly
  • LTE and GSM
  • 16GB of storage
  • 3,300mAh battery
The picture above is from a press invite for an HTC event on October 16th. There will be a global launch in China on the 15th, one in Hong Kong on the 16th, and one in Taiwan on the 18th. The translation for the ad above says the following,

One finger opens up a big view

You are invited to immerse in the sound with us
What do you guys think of this device... worthy of your attention?

Source: Engadget

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Why would HTC make the Max with only 16GB storage, while the One has 32GB, unless it perhaps has a SD card slot? If just 16GB without expansion then that's just nuts. I can't imagine why they would want to take a step back or perhaps the rumor is wrong.

WhoDunIt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Definitely worthy of attention for me....BUT I'd have to see and hold it. I love my DNA's 5 inch screen but for me, there has to be a limit to the size of a phone. It has to be comfortable to hold, not 'feel' weird holding it against my ear to talk, although it seems I rarely talk on my phone these days as most of the time its all texting. It still has to fit in my pocket or not get in the way while in a holster on my belt.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
If it comes with the S800 it will be on my radar. If not, gee tee ef oh!

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Definitely worthy of attention for me....BUT I'd have to see and hold it. I love my DNA's 5 inch screen but for me, there has to be a limit to the size of a phone. It has to be comfortable to hold, not 'feel' weird holding it against my ear to talk, although it seems I rarely talk on my phone these days as most of the time its all texting. It still has to fit in my pocket or not get in the way while in a holster on my belt.

The Note1 is very uncomfortable in my hand and the Note 2 is only a bit better. The Note3 however feels great in my hand, its why its my first note. I got rid of my S3 for it. IMO the Note 3 is as big as I would get.

bigdad63

Reaction score
16gb is dead in the water, even with an SD card unless it let's you move apps to SD. I hope they are late to the market because they realized how stupid it was too go up against the Note 3's 800 processor, 3gb ram and 32gb or 64gb of storage with anything inferior. If not, they're bringing a knife and a blindfold to a gunfight.