HTC One M8 Windows Phone May Be Coming Soon

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
HTC-One-M8-Windows-Phone-81-edition-passed-Wi-Fi-certification-over-a-month-ago.jpg

This isn't an Android story, but it seems relevant here since it involves a version of the HTC One M8. Supposedly a Windows Phone based version of the HTC One M8 is due to arrive anytime now. The device could hit retail stores with the name the HTC One (M8) for Windows, and it supposedly passed WiFi certification a month ago.

It has the model number HTC6995LVW, and has an internal codename of W8, which makes sense in some way. Although the above image is a mockup and the final version may not look exactly like that, the device will supposedly come with most of the same features of the Android version including BoomSound speakers and the depth-sensing Duo camera. It will supposedly also come with built-in support for Voice over LTE.

It is expected to come to Verizon (and perhaps other carriers) no later than September.

Source: Engadget

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Possible, read somewhere that Microsoft is working on windows 9. Not saying the windows m8 will be the launch device for windows 9 or anything.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Hmmm... a big brother for my Icon. : )
The Icon is awesome. I love it. I really like HTC's hardware, but Nokia's support of their Lumias is what keeps me on them. They are excellent at supporting their handsets. It's the Nexus of the Windows Phone world :big smile:

shockracer

Reaction score
Great idea for HTC to make the most out of there already top selling product. I just hope they don't start Catering to Microsoft and allow it to compromise the path they are on.

jspradling7

Reaction score
I'm still learning to use my Icon. I've had it for a good while but I haven't used it as my daily driver so I just mess with it now and then. Once more apps come out and Cortana gets a bit more mature it will indeed be a fun phone to use all day. I really like the way it finds stores and stuff near where I am.