HTC Officially Announces Android N For HTC 10, One A9, and One M9!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
CiwlpoEWYAAjAcC.jpg

It was pretty easy to miss HTC's big announcement in the midst of all the Google I/O excitement. The announcement by HTC actually goes hand in hand with the event! Today on twitter during the Google I/O keynote HTC tweeted "Android N will be coming to the HTC 10, HTC One A9, and HTC One M9. This isn't really shocking news I don't suppose.

Most of us would expect to eventually see Android N arrive on HTC 10. This announcement however would suggest that HTC expects to roll out this update in short order. It leads me to believe that they will have an official build ready to release alongside Google's final build or at least very close to the same time frame.

It is worth noting that they also announced the release would be coming for all three devices which makes you think they might already have builds for all three devices. There is fineprint in the image which reads "Timing and additional devices to receive the update ill be included later this year when Google ships Android N to manufacturers.". We shall soon see how quickly they can turn this update out!

via @HTCUSA

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Considering how hit or miss and extremely late HTC has been in the past, we will just have to see how long HTC takes to update their phones this time.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Yea, I lost faith in HTC when I had my Dinc2. I'll never go back after being flat out lied to. Sorry, HTC.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Considering how hit or miss and extremely late HTC has been in the past, we will just have to see how long HTC takes to update their phones this time.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
How long will it take for the carriers to do their part as well?

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How long will it take for the carriers to do their part as well?

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><
True, you make a good point. At&t took so long with my note 5 update that it sent my right back to a Nexus. I can understand an update a year from when I bought it, but not an update that was out before the phone was released. O

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
It's a good reason to be on a Nexus ...if on another phone no use in worrying about when you get it ...it's too many factors come to play...

6S PLUS